• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie Q Toast Vs Toast Pro

ScottMax

Question

I'm wanting to burn a master CD of by band's music, to send to a CD mass reproduction service company. I downloaded Toast 11 Titanium to my Mac laptop. Importing my playlist from iTunes and typing in my song titles, artist name, and album title was easy, and I can burn from there just fine. But, can I include the CD cover art with Toast or do I need Toast Pro? I can see that the Media Browser has a Photo button, but when I select the photo that I want and click the + button, a pop up window tells me that my selected photo was not added because it is not a sound file or not in a supported format. It's a jpeg file! What should I do to include the cover art in the burn? I also want to include ISRC #s (International Sound Recoding Code Numbers). Do I need Toast Pro for this or for the cover art? In my Toast Titanium I see no difference between an Audio CD project and an Enhanced Audio CD project. Please shed me some light!

I'm using a Mac laptop with OS 10.6.7, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 1 GB RAM. I'm assuming that I would need to upgrade my RAM to 2 GB to run Toast Pro, yes? Thank you...

3 answers to this question

There is nothing additional for an audio CD that Toast Pro can do compared with the standard Toast. You cannot add any graphics to the audio CD format. You can add the ISRC info by selecting a track and choosing Show Track Info from the Disc Menu. When there also click the Disc tab to enter additional information. It may also help to check "Show Advanced Audio Mastering Settings" in the Audio tab of Toast Preferences.

An Enhanced Audio CD does allow the addition of data content such as a JPEG file. See Toast Help for instructions.

There is nothing additional for an audio CD that Toast Pro can do compared with the standard Toast. You cannot add any graphics to the audio CD format. You can add the ISRC info by selecting a track and choosing Show Track Info from the Disc Menu. When there also click the Disc tab to enter additional information. It may also help to check "Show Advanced Audio Mastering Settings" in the Audio tab of Toast Preferences.

An Enhanced Audio CD does allow the addition of data content such as a JPEG file. See Toast Help for instructions.

Thanks for the help! I got the ISRC's in, and I'll refer to Toast help for the cover art. New Q: Under Recorder Settings, for an audio CD what is the difference between DAO and TAO? And for Recorder, it defaults to Matshita DVD-R UJ-857E. Should I leave that there? for an audio CD master?

Thanks again. I'm well on my way to mastering my CD!

Thanks for the help! I got the ISRC's in, and I'll refer to Toast help for the cover art. New Q: Under Recorder Settings, for an audio CD what is the difference between DAO and TAO? And for Recorder, it defaults to Matshita DVD-R UJ-857E. Should I leave that there? for an audio CD master?

Thanks again. I'm well on my way to mastering my CD!

You should check with your duplicating service whether they want DAO or TAO. I would think DAO is preferred. For example, DAO allows for crossfades and zero-second gaps whereas TAO always will have at least a momentary gap between tracks. Technically, DAO continues the laser's writing throughout the entire CD where as TAO stops the laser after each track. As for the default drive, do you have more than one drive? If so, click on the name of the selected drive to choose the one you prefer. Toast will always default to the most recent drive used. Burn audio CDs at the slowest possible speed. With today's media that usually is 8x. Choose the burn speed after the disc is inserted and recognized. "Best" is the fastest speed so that is not what's best for an audio CD.

Archived