• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Multiple Dvds To Blu-Ray Disk

watson

Question

I have attempted to burn several DVDs onto a single Blu-Ray DVD, but it is not an option as far as I can see.

The Video_TS Compilation seems to only be for single-layer DVDs and gives the "not enough space" error when I try to use it for several Video_TS folders, even when I select Blue-Ray as the target disk.

Is there a trick or method to accomplish this? The DVDs are not copyprotected, and I wold like to be able to combine several DVDs onto a single BD to save space, and for convenience.

If this is not something that can be done, then I suggest that it be made so in a future update. I am sure that I am not alone in wanting to do this.

1 answer to this question

I dont never use the VIDEO_TS compilation setting but I suspect that is only for creating video DVDs and not for use on Blu-ray media. What I suggest is using the Media Browser to extract the individual movies from your VIDEO_TS folders and author them as a Blu-ray disc (if you have the Blu-ray plugin). Place a VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder and then click the Video tab in the Media browser and scroll down to DVD. There you'll see the video titles that are contained in the VIDEO_TS folders. Drag the ones you want to the main Toast window with Blu-ray disc selected as the format. Now choose Never Re-encode in the custom encoder settings window. Set up the menu the way you want and then choose Save as Disc Image. If Toast reports it is multiplexing then all is okay. If it reports that it is encoding then this is probably a bad idea and just abort it. Assuming it does work you can burn the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

What this approach loses are the original menus from the DVDs.

Archived