No Video Signal

Betty G

Question

Frustratio set in. I'm just using my laptop instead of the desktop. Installed the software and disabled the webcam. Everything working fine.

You are not the only one that is getting "No Video Signal." I installed it, the Device Manager looks just like the screenshot, but nothing displays when I start the software. I have never been able to get this to work. I paid $60 for this! I am so angry!

What can I try next?

I am using a S-video cable hooked up to a VCR/DVD combo. This is a Vista machine with plenty of RAM and memory.

Betty

4 answers to this question

I am having a similar problem...when I hook my red, white, and yellow cables to the back of the VHS to my computer I get the "No Video Signal"

But when I attached my old sony handycam My handycam to my computer with a black and yellow cable it works fine

I'm confused why my camcorder works but not my vhs

"Roxio Video Capture" is showing up in my device manager so I know it is installed properly

I'm using a Dell with windows vista

I am having a similar problem...when I hook my red, white, and yellow cables to the back of the VHS to my computer I get the "No Video Signal"

But when I attached my old sony handycam My handycam to my computer with a black and yellow cable it works fine

I'm confused why my camcorder works but not my vhs

"Roxio Video Capture" is showing up in my device manager so I know it is installed properly

I'm using a Dell with windows vista

Verify that you are connected to the OUT jack on your VCR. If that seems ok, try a different set of cables What is the make and model # of your VCR?.

You are not the only one that is getting "No Video Signal." I installed it, the Device Manager looks just like the screenshot, but nothing displays when I start the software. I have never been able to get this to work. I paid $60 for this! I am so angry!

What can I try next?

I am using a S-video cable hooked up to a VCR/DVD combo. This is a Vista machine with plenty of RAM and memory.

Betty

Try using a composite cable instead of the S-Video. Another quick test is connect a DVD player as the source.

What is the make and model # of your VCR/DVD combo.

Archived