• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I add a movie premier type opening with klieg lights?

Scott A

Question

Would like to add movie premier type opening to beginning of Videowave 8 Production. Perhaps a stage with a curtain that opens left and right much like a theatre.

OR ... perhaps like a true movie premiere with the klieg lights shining all over the sky.

Thanks for all input,

Scott.

8 answers to this question

Are you asking if Videowave can do animation?

For some reason I was under the impression that in one ad campaign or another for the Media Suite product, I saw a transition/animation type effect that had what I described .... an auditorium like stage with a large high ceiling red curtain that would open and display text before moving on to next image.

The Klieg Lights are basically just a wild shot in the dark whether within the program much like camera flash effect. Of course if you have any link recommendations where I could find either as opposed to doing my own animation, would greatly appreciate that as well.

You can't use a transition at the beginning. Transitions must be between two clips or still images.

. an auditorium like stage with a large high ceiling red curtain that would open and display text before moving on to next image.
I believe that was a competitor. I don't think Roxio has ever used tranistions that included animated objects. Only transitions that go from A to B.

You can't use a transition at the beginning. Transitions must be between two clips or still images.

I believe that was a competitor. I don't think Roxio has ever used tranistions that included animated objects. Only transitions that go from A to B.

Thanks. Was beginning to think the competitor thought myself.

If you use a textured panel, something that is silky that looks like a heavy drape, it is much more effective then just a colored panel. You can find such things on the internet, or sometimes I go look at scrapbooking paper and find designs to scan. One just has to be a little creative. :)

Thanks very much! Truly appreciate the wuggestions and they have both worked out famously.

This may get you some of what you want. In VideoWave, storyline view. Insert a blank color panel (perhaps red) and set the duration to say 30 seconds - play with it. Now apply the spotlight effect to that panel. Now put in the "Curtain" transition. Now you can either add your production slides or video or you can put in another color panel with a title (text) then a transition then the rest of your production. I think this will give you as close to what you want as anything you want (or any body's program).

Thanks for such a detailed response. Appreciate it. Hope I can return the favor some day soon.

For some reason I was under the impression that in one ad campaign or another for the Media Suite product, I saw a transition/animation type effect that had what I described .... an auditorium like stage with a large high ceiling red curtain that would open and display text before moving on to next image.

The Klieg Lights are basically just a wild shot in the dark whether within the program much like camera flash effect. Of course if you have any link recommendations where I could find either as opposed to doing my own animation, would greatly appreciate that as well.

This may get you some of what you want. In VideoWave, storyline view. Insert a blank color panel (perhaps red) and set the duration to say 30 seconds - play with it. Now apply the spotlight effect to that panel. Now put in the "Curtain" transition. Now you can either add your production slides or video or you can put in another color panel with a title (text) then a transition then the rest of your production. I think this will give you as close to what you want as anything you want (or any body's program).

Thanks very much! Truly appreciate the wuggestions and they have both worked out famously.

Thanks for such a detailed response. Appreciate it. Hope I can return the favor some day soon.

I actually found some theatrical drape pictures by googleing under theatrical drape and drapes. They really worked well with the opening curtain transition, glad the suggestions helped.

If you use a textured panel, something that is silky that looks like a heavy drape, it is much more effective then just a colored panel. You can find such things on the internet, or sometimes I go look at scrapbooking paper and find designs to scan. One just has to be a little creative. :)

Archived