• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Noise & Distortion

lcarri

Question

I have made DVD's of slide shows in the past and didn't have problems. Now when I add background audio (music) to my new project story board the sound is very loud, noisy and disorted when previewed. I tried re-installing EMC7 with no change. The music plays fine on my Media Player.

1 answer to this question

I have made DVD's of slide shows in the past and didn't have problems. Now when I add background audio (music) to my new project story board the sound is very loud, noisy and disorted when previewed. I tried re-installing EMC7 with no change. The music plays fine on my Media Player.

Do you have an onboard sound card? If you do, do the following:

This is a problem that happens sometimes, with an onboard sound card. You can probably fix the situation by doing the following:

In Start/Run, type in dxdiag. When it opens, click on the Sound tab, and move the Hardware Sound Acceleration slider, to the left, a few notches. Exit dxdiag, and check your sound, in VideoWave, again. If it is okay, update the drivers for your sound card, and see if it still sounds okay in VideoWave. If it does, go back to dxdiag, and move the slider all the way back to the right. Exit dxdiag, and check sound in VideoWave, again. If it is okay, you are good to go.

Archived