Playback Skips In Same Frame

wvu2thdr

Question

I am trying to correct an issue I have with a DVD I am trying to burn. I produced it in Videowave in .avi format and it playsback without an issue on my computer. I have tried to burn it using myDVD and the video skips on one specific frame where I have flying motion in the text and the audio skips on the last two frames of the production which are just a black screen and still text frame.I tried to slow down the speed when burning but that didn't help. I wasn't sure whether I should change those two frames and re-produce the video and then try to reburn it, thinking that is an issue with the movie production or whether I should try to produce it in a different format. I don't believe it is the discs I am using as I have produced several other productions onto the same brand without any problems before.

I can see the promised land but I can't quite get to it and the wedding is next week!

2 answers to this question

I am trying to correct an issue I have with a DVD I am trying to burn. I produced it in Videowave in .avi format and it playsback without an issue on my computer. I have tried to burn it using myDVD and the video skips on one specific frame where I have flying motion in the text and the audio skips on the last two frames of the production which are just a black screen and still text frame.I tried to slow down the speed when burning but that didn't help. I wasn't sure whether I should change those two frames and re-produce the video and then try to reburn it, thinking that is an issue with the movie production or whether I should try to produce it in a different format. I don't believe it is the discs I am using as I have produced several other productions onto the same brand without any problems before.

I can see the promised land but I can't quite get to it and the wedding is next week!

When you go to burn, select to do so but burn to an ISO file. It is one of the choices in the burn dialog box. Make sure you name that ISO and where you want to create it on your hard drive. Download and play that ISO file with the free VLC player that you can download from cnet.com. Just drag the ISO file to the VLC window. If it plays OK, then just burn that ISO to a disc using Video Copy and Convert (copy of course). If it doesn't play then, it is the discs or your DVD player.

BTW any movie that is intended to play from a DVD is really an mpg2 file with a VOB name. Unless you are burning something else like a XVid or DivX disc, the starting format doesn't really matter.

Use Verbatim discs or if you are smart, JVC Taiyo Yuden (available on-line only). You can probably get them to you place in a couple of days.

When you go to burn, select to do so but burn to an ISO file. It is one of the choices in the burn dialog box. Make sure you name that ISO and where you want to create it on your hard drive. Download and play that ISO file with the free VLC player that you can download from cnet.com. Just drag the ISO file to the VLC window. If it plays OK, then just burn that ISO to a disc using Video Copy and Convert (copy of course). If it doesn't play then, it is the discs or your DVD player.

BTW any movie that is intended to play from a DVD is really an mpg2 file with a VOB name. Unless you are burning something else like a XVid or DivX disc, the starting format doesn't really matter.

Use Verbatim discs or if you are smart, JVC Taiyo Yuden (available on-line only). You can probably get them to you place in a couple of days.

I burned to an ISO file and it played back with the same audio glitches before I even copied it onto a disc. So the answer for me was to produce it without any audio and make another production with that new silent file as the only frame in the new production and I added the audio file to that and produced it again. It worked like a charm and the .iso file worked great which I then copied onto my DVDs and put that baby to bed!

Thanks so much for your suggestions and I will definitely produce to an iso file in future projects to check my work before trying to burn to a disc.

Archived