• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I just burned an audio CD using Toast 10 Titanium and titled it "Oral History". When the burning was complete, I quit Toast and inserted the CD in my computer to listen to the audio.

Instead of having the TITLE I used for the CD, it had a musician's name ("Brian Regan") on it, however the sound was what I had recorded. Can anyone clue

me in as to why it has Brian Regan instead of the intended title - Oral History. I don't have any songs by Brian Regan in my iTunes library.

Thanks,

jzach52

2 answers to this question

The information that is appearing on your Mac was downloaded by the Mac OS from the online CDDB. That's because Mac's don't read the CD Text burned by Toast. The information downloaded from CDDB is from a CD that has the same length and number of tracks (and track lengths) that is on your CD. The information is written to the cdinfo database file on your hard drive. Toast is not allowed by Apple to modify that database file so it can't write that information to cdinfo when burning the audio CD. What you need to do is change the information manually in iTunes which is the only way to edit whats in the cdinfo file. If you want to automate this process a little there is a CD Text to cdinfo applescript from dougscripts.com that transfers the information burned by Toast to the disc over to iTunes. This is run from the scripts menu in iTunes.

The information that is appearing on your Mac was downloaded by the Mac OS from the online CDDB. That's because Mac's don't read the CD Text burned by Toast. The information downloaded from CDDB is from a CD that has the same length and number of tracks (and track lengths) that is on your CD. The information is written to the cdinfo database file on your hard drive. Toast is not allowed by Apple to modify that database file so it can't write that information to cdinfo when burning the audio CD. What you need to do is change the information manually in iTunes which is the only way to edit whats in the cdinfo file. If you want to automate this process a little there is a CD Text to cdinfo applescript from dougscripts.com that transfers the information burned by Toast to the disc over to iTunes. This is run from the scripts menu in iTunes.

Many thanks Digital Guru. I will give dougscripts.com a try.

jzach52