Easy Lp To Mp3

grendel

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't see a specific forum for LP to MP3 software.

I just installed a new copy of Roxio Easy LP to MP3 software and everything seemed to install fine. However, after reaching the main application launch screen, when I click on "Convert LP/Tapes", "Tag Editor" or "Sound Editor", I get an error window that states: "Roxio LP and Tape Assistant has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." In the Microsoft error reporting window (when the Convert LP/Tapes crashes), I see this "Error signature":

AppName: lpandtapeassistant10.exe AppVer: 10.3.0.84 ModName: mfc71u.dll

ModVer: 7.10.6030.0 Offset: 0009d517

I am running an older desktop Emachines T3085 with Windows XP SP3. My setup should meet the system requirements listed on the LP to MP3 product page.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've uninstalled and reinstalled without changing the result. The "Convert LP/Tape", "Tag Editor" and "Sound Editor" still won't start with the error message described previously. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've uninstalled and reinstalled without changing the result. The "Convert LP/Tape", "Tag Editor" and "Sound Editor" still won't start with the error message described previously. Any other suggestions?

Warrior was correct about having to uninstall and reinstall software sometimes but as usual did not give you any details about the best way to do it. Typically a bad install/operation comes from installing the program with your anti-virus active or by using a hyperactive registry cleaner.

Do this;

1) Download REVO Uninstaller from cnet.com. Remove the program using the MODERATE mode. While you are at it, remove any other programs you do not use. Do not remove any that you are unsure of.

2) Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and TMP/TEMP files.. Use Smart Defrag to defrag your disc. All of the above are free from cnet.com Use this link and the navigation on the left side to get the tools you should have.

3) Update your computer using this guide (link) Don't worry about the firmware update to your burner at this time.

4) Keep the anti-virus OFF; not just paused and reinstall the program.

By the way, don't even think about doing any video editing with that machine. Basically it is an 8 year old computer suited for some home use but will not doing much when the CPU is stressed.

Archived