• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Avchd

Darrenber

Question

I have a Panasonic AVSHD high def video camera.

When I try to add video to a MyDVD project it says the video cannot be edited and it won't add it.

I upgraded to Roxio 2011 hoping this would work but I get the same message. I figured Roxio 11 could do everything including manage HD video. What am I missing? Anybody have this issue?

SOLVED. I upgraded the windows Vista codec package from Shark, and low and behold, the files all now say frame rate is 29.97. They work without any freezing and the audio track is perfectly fine.

Now my problem is Encoding the edited ACVHD files in MyDVD, set for creating AVCHD disk. I tried using the 2 original videowave projects with and without menus and they failed with 8004520c Error while encoding Movie 1. I tried outputting the videowave projects to mp4 files and using these in MyDVD and they failed with: Failed to import media in AuthorScript. Error while Importing Media.

I had also outputted the original edited ACVHD files to DVD quality mpg files. I put these into MyDVD, set for creating DVD disk. This ran fine and completed properly.

So it seems that burning to AVCHD doesn't work. I'll try defragmenting my drive and see if that makes any difference. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Re; AuthorScript Error is familiar and sporatic. Try doing your project this way.

It is very seldom that a Roxio employee will come to these sites. There is free telephone support for Roxio's Flagship product - Creator 2011 Read this.

We are not convinced that the video card/chip is the issue but we have to eliminate one thing at a time.

Perhaps a work around will do. Download a free video converter from cnet.com (opt out of the item they want to push). and use that to convert the file to mpg2. or if you want to make an AVCHD or blu-ray disc, to HDmpg2. Use that in Video Wave to do edits or in MyDVD to burn to a disc. I like "Any Video Converter" but others will work. If you do use Any Video Converter, some of the drop downs are hidden so click to the right in the individual options. I just tried 'Any Video" and had not problems with the conversion or adding it to Edit Video -Advanced,

For some reason I could not get into my Upfordown account so I can't upload it for you. Perhaps someone else can. That would tell use something about either the computer or the software installation.

I uploaded it here (link)

I've used AVS conversion software and this works but it seems to degrade the quality and adds a lot of overhead to my process.

I did contact Roxio. They asked me to un-install creator 10 and creator 11 and re-install the 2011 version. No surprise here as this is always the answer. I followed this long and complex procedure and ended up in the same place.

I also installed new codecs without any luck.

I ended up getting a refund for Creator 11 and was considering buying Creator 12. I'm worried I will end up with the same issue.

Does anyone use any other software that is comparable to Roxio that you would recommend trying? I've used Roxio for years but I always end up in the same place eventually... something very important doesn't work.

Re; AuthorScript Error is familiar and sporatic. Try doing your project this way.

Thanks for everyone's input. I actually found this post previously and had followed it without success. However, I was sceptical that defragging my hdd would make any difference, which you may have noticed in my last post. I am very happy to report that it DID make a difference, and I was able to burn the AVCHD project without any errors. So to summarize the 2 most important things I did which seemed to make a difference was Upgrading the Vista Codecs from Shark007, and Defragging the hard drive. I hope that anyone who has pretty much given up on Roxio,give it another try.