• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

robmac5555

Background Problem On Some Images

Question

I've successfully created my first movie, got it on a dvd and gave it to my wife as a birthday present today. We watched the movie and there was something happening in the playback that wasn't happening while on my hard drive. I'm not sure if this started during the save or burn process.

There was about 4 sequences with pictures (on 'auto motion'), along to songs, with video in between. During the auto motion playback of the picture, any pictures that were portrait oriented, had a background of the 1st picture in the sequencen rather than a black background. Any other pictures, landscape oriented photos filled the screen just fine. I thought the portrait pictures would just have a black background.

This problem was consistent with each of the 4 picture sequences in the movie.

Any suggestions?

Edited by robmac5555

5 answers to this question

I've successfully created my first movie, got it on a dvd and gave it to my wife as a birthday present today. We watched the movie and there was something happening in the playback that wasn't happening while on my hard drive. I'm not sure if this started during the save or burn process.

There was about 4 sequences with pictures (on 'auto motion'), along to songs, with video in between. During the auto motion playback of the picture, any pictures that were portrait oriented, had a background of the 1st picture in the sequencen rather than a black background. Any other pictures, landscape oriented photos filled the screen just fine. I thought the portrait pictures would just have a black background.

This problem was consistent with each of the 4 picture sequences in the movie.

Any suggestions?

That sometimes happened if a person was using an NVidia graphics processor and some of the graphics drivers. Have you updated your graphics drivers? What video device do you have?

That sometimes happened if a person was using an NVidia graphics processor and some of the graphics drivers. Have you updated your graphics drivers? What video device do you have?

Thanks for the reply. Is this the answer you're looking for?

Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Checked for updates and Windows determined it's up to date.

Thanks for the reply. Is this the answer you're looking for?

Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Checked for updates and Windows determined it's up to date.

Never trust Windows for Hardware Updates! :oGo directly to the nViidia web site (here). Driivers are updated every month or two. With the information you posted, you do not have a laptop. If you did, I would have suggested to update from the manufacturer's web site.

BTW, the lateest drivers are dated August 9, 2011 ! Make sure you select the ones for your operating system.

Never trust Windows for Hardware Updates! :oGo directly to the nViidia web site (here). Driivers are updated every month or two. With the information you posted, you do not have a laptop. If you did, I would have suggested to update from the manufacturer's web site.

BTW, the lateest drivers are dated August 9, 2011 ! Make sure you select the ones for your operating system.

Thanks, so after I download the new driver, what would you recommend from there? Do I need to re-open the project and go through the savings and burning process again? So create a new image file etc.

Or once the driver is downloaded, can I just burn the original image.iso file?

Thanks, so after I download the new driver, what would you recommend from there? Do I need to re-open the project and go through the savings and burning process again? So create a new image file etc.

Or once the driver is downloaded, can I just burn the original image.iso file?

I didn't ask but I should have. Did you install Creator 2010 Servcie Pack 2? There were some fixes there. I figured you had since the prograsm does nag you.

You would have to start editing your project - "Edt Video -Advanced" and go from there -saving, and then creating an Iso file. Use the Free VLC player from cnet.com to preview the ISO file before burning it --just in case . :P

Edited by sknis