• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Billy Hoke

Sound Issue...

Question

So I have read the forums here and everywhere else and it seems that this product has been having a lot of sound issues. I got the Roxio Game Cap two days ago and it was working fine until today, when the sound would be distorted/too loud.

I have seen some of the "fixes" here and tried them all, yet it still doesn't work. I changed my game volume from the game menu, I changed the Xbox volume from the dashboard and I also changed the record volume of the Roxio from the computer... Nothing works.

My computer is a new 2.8GhZ Quad-Core with 4GB ram so its not my computer not being able to handle the program.

Any advice would be appreciated, as it seems like this issue has gone on for a very long time...

Thanks.

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Well it's been over a month now since I bought mine and like you, it was working fine until the next day, and over a month I've been waiting for them to fix this problem, to no avail.

I'm giving it till the end of August and if the issue is not solved, I'm just going to have to recoup some of the money I've wasted on this by trying to sell it second hand, because I can't send it back to Roxio, I bought it brand new off of ebay.

So I have read the forums here and everywhere else and it seems that this product has been having a lot of sound issues. I got the Roxio Game Cap two days ago and it was working fine until today, when the sound would be distorted/too loud.

I have seen some of the "fixes" here and tried them all, yet it still doesn't work. I changed my game volume from the game menu, I changed the Xbox volume from the dashboard and I also changed the record volume of the Roxio from the computer... Nothing works.

My computer is a new 2.8GhZ Quad-Core with 4GB ram so its not my computer not being able to handle the program.

Any advice would be appreciated, as it seems like this issue has gone on for a very long time...

Thanks.

Had the same problem today,managed to solve it.re-install the roxio capture software with the usb in your pc.I did this and the sound is back to normal.Hope it helps

Well it's been over a month now since I bought mine and like you, it was working fine until the next day, and over a month I've been waiting for them to fix this problem, to no avail.

I'm giving it till the end of August and if the issue is not solved, I'm just going to have to recoup some of the money I've wasted on this by trying to sell it second hand, because I can't send it back to Roxio, I bought it brand new off of ebay.

I can't send mine back either, because I too bought it off eBay after hearing good things about it. I guess all those things failed to mention that the sound is extremely loud and full of bass.

Had the same problem today,managed to solve it.re-install the roxio capture software with the usb in your pc.I did this and the sound is back to normal.Hope it helps

Thanks, I will re-install the program as soon as I get home and I will post the results.

There are solutions to fix these issues now.

If you have an LDC TV or Plasma. Please adjust the volume settings (as in, edit the bass and treble) This WILL reduce a lot. When I went to my volume on my LG and started to mess with the bass/treble. You don't know how grateful I am that it helped me.

Please post back if this has helped.

Edited by GOFORBROKE
  • Like 1

There are solutions to fix these issues now.

If you have an LDC TV or Plasma. Please adjust the volume settings (as in, edit the bass and treble) This WILL reduce a lot. When I went to my volume on my LG and started to mess with the bass/treble. You don't know how grateful I am that it helped me.

Please post back if this has helped.

Thank you GFB, I'll try that out.

I tried lowering my TV volume but, the distorted sound was still there on actions such as gunfire or explosions. I re-installed the software for the second time yesterday whilst the USB was plugged in and it seems to be working fine.

Hopefully it stays that way.

I've been having audio problems as well. My computer totally meets the requirements but for some reason, whenever I use the DIV X format the audio will go from being normal to like demonically low pitched. It only happens on some of them so I don't know wtf the issue is. AVI works fine but it takes up a s***load of space on my hard drive, and it takes forever to upload to YouTube. Please help! :)

• Like 1

Bringing up my own topic due to the fact that this issue seems like its still occurring.

With the release of Gears of War 3, I try to record some gameplay yet the bass is completely distorted and it sounds like a train wreck.

I have installed the program dozens of times and it works for a couple of days, then goes back to its old ways. Like I said in the OP, I am running an iMac i5 Quad-core with Windows 7 bootcamp for the Roxio software.

The Windows portion of the computer has absolutely nothing on it apart from Roxio and PowerDirector.

Are there anymore suggestions apart from changing the RGC audio settings in the system tray, un-installing Roxio or removing Skype?

I have tried and tried yet there is absolutely no help from anyone at Roxio...

Nope.

I did do a massive update to my Windows 7. There were about 20 "important" updates to download and install as well as re-installing Roxio for the 150th time.

Well its on a 2010 iMac 27" and I believe the sound card is "Cirrus"?

Tried capturing again today, one day after I re-installed and everything was working fine... Got on today and it was terrible audio again! I have tried everything written in this forum and NOTHING has worked.

Its very poor customer service.

I hear ya'...

I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2007) and I'm having sound issues in Boot Camp as well.

It is the exact same issues most regular PC-owners have.

But the strange thing is, when I restart my computer in OS X and start recording in Windows 7 using Parallels Desktop, I have no sound issues whatsoever.

So for Mac users that are using higher-end models such as iMac/MacBook Pro/Mac Pro...

Use Parallels Desktop 7 and it will work perfectly. Without issues or hiccups.

And I also recommend using VHCapture or other type of lighter-weight software since Roxio Game Capture recording software is a CPU-and-RAM-hog.

I've been having the same problem as well, plus when the music is playing in the background it sounds all funny. I'll try messing with my TV. Oh and how do you reinstall the software? Please reply I need help.

Thanks

I somewhat narrowed it down. I just got my gamecap and did a couple capture vids, one had the amplified audio but only in one portion of the game. The other game was absolutely fine did not change anything. I played around with the audio through the console, did nothing. Narrowed it down to mp3's though...but not all mp3's. I can't pinpoint what it is, as my mp3's vary in bitrate from 128k - 320k, but ones in 192 seemed to be amplifed, 320 was ok, 128 was ok as well. I really don't think this has anything to do with the software or your computer, and I don't think it's your TV or console for that matter (before connecting the device never had an issue) as I wasn't even capturing nor is my USB connection hooked up, and it still distorts when I'm playing without capturing. Roxio, is this even fixable? I don't think we can do a firmware update on the device itself, or if it even has firmware?

Edited by TheZeeMan

I somewhat narrowed it down. I just got my gamecap and did a couple capture vids, one had the amplified audio but only in one portion of the game. The other game was absolutely fine did not change anything. I played around with the audio through the console, did nothing. Narrowed it down to mp3's though...but not all mp3's. I can't pinpoint what it is, as my mp3's vary in bitrate from 128k - 320k, but ones in 192 seemed to be amplifed, 320 was ok, 128 was ok as well. I really don't think this has anything to do with the software or your computer, and I don't think it's your TV or console for that matter (before connecting the device never had an issue) as I wasn't even capturing nor is my USB connection hooked up, and it still distorts when I'm playing without capturing. Roxio, is this even fixable? I don't think we can do a firmware update on the device itself, or if it even has firmware?

i think ur right. and some1 said adjusting ur tv. i dont even have it hooked up to my tv and it still has that sound issue.