• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Burn To Dvd In Windows 7

RoReynolds

Question

I have Creator 2010 Special Edition. I have created a video with new HD camcorder. I saved it to a file. I start up Roxio Creator 2010 and select create DVD. When My DVD comes up I selected type of DVD = DVD. I edited the title and added my video. I press orange button to burn and get the following message: No disk burners are available. It doesn't recognize my (any) DVD/CD R/RW drive. I checked the device manager and all is OK. It plays and burns a DVD from Windows Movie Maker. I had used this soft ware on my Windows XP system with out a problem. In the past 2 weeks I replaced it with a new Windows 7 PC and I encounter the error above now and I tried the same operation that worked on the XP again now and still have this problem.. What do I have to do to have MY DVD recognize my CD/DVD drive? Thank you kindly Ro

9 answers to this question

I have Creator 2010 Special Edition. I have created a video with new HD camcorder. I saved it to a file. I start up Roxio Creator 2010 and select create DVD. When My DVD comes up I selected type of DVD = DVD. I edited the title and added my video. I press orange button to burn and get the following message: No disk burners are available. It doesn't recognize my (any) DVD/CD R/RW drive. I checked the device manager and all is OK. It plays and burns a DVD from Windows Movie Maker. I had used this soft ware on my Windows XP system with out a problem. In the past 2 weeks I replaced it with a new Windows 7 PC and I encounter the error above now and I tried the same operation that worked on the XP again now and still have this problem.. What do I have to do to have MY DVD recognize my CD/DVD drive? Thank you kindly Ro

Follow this post exactly like it says and Roxio should see your drives. ;)

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74799-no-drive-detected/page__view__findpost__p__374534

I followed and applied fix with but still C2010SE MyDVD doesn't recognize my DVD drive. Any other suggestions? Thanks Ro

You followed my suggestion at the link I posted to a 'T' didn't add anything didn't miss anything?

Your the second one that's told me the procedure failed. I've tested it as well as others and it's never failed for us. :unsure:

From add remove programs/programs and features click uninstall/change. When the repair option shows choose it, run it, and reboot the PC.

I followed and applied fix with but still C2010SE MyDVD doesn't recognize my DVD drive. Any other suggestions? Thanks Ro

I also updated and installed all Windows and Roxio & MyDVD updates with the same results: can't find my DVD drive. I will try the "repair" option, Thanks Ro

I also updated and installed all Windows and Roxio & MyDVD updates with the same results: can't find my DVD drive. I will try the "repair" option, Thanks Ro

So you have been adding additional steps?

Resolving General Burning Issues the KB linked above isn't relative to your problem, Roxio doesn't even see your drives!

It would help if you only followed one suggestion at a time and report if it worked!

So you have been adding additional steps?

Resolving General Burning Issues the KB linked above isn't relative to your problem, Roxio doesn't even see your drives!

It would help if you only followed one suggestion at a time and report if it worked!

I followed only one suggestion at a time! I installed the driver fix first then updated the software testing after each step. The last was to "repair" Creator 2010 which I followed and now it works. It now also shows the Roxio CD Icon on desktop when a DVD is installed which I did not have before. Thank you for all your assistance. Ro

I followed only one suggestion at a time! I installed the driver fix first then updated the software testing after each step. The last was to "repair" Creator 2010 which I followed and now it works. It now also shows the Roxio CD Icon on desktop when a DVD is installed which I did not have before. Thank you for all your assistance. Ro

Thanks for the feedback.

Great to hear you have it running..

Archived