• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture/import

James Reed

Question

When I open a new VideoWave production I am able to capture/import MPEG4 files from my hard drive by using ADD CONTENT/ADD PHOTO/VIDEO and produce the movie. But in MyDVD mode I am not able to locate these same files on my computer. So I am left with converting the VideoWave production to a MyDVD production and then burning it to disc. That's fine, but it is an extra step I'd prefer to avoid. How can I capture MPEG4 files from my hard drive when I am in MyDVD mode? Suprisingly, Roxio's own tech people can't explain how!

1 answer to this question

When I open a new VideoWave production I am able to capture/import MPEG4 files from my hard drive by using ADD CONTENT/ADD PHOTO/VIDEO and produce the movie. But in MyDVD mode I am not able to locate these same files on my computer. So I am left with converting the VideoWave production to a MyDVD production and then burning it to disc. That's fine, but it is an extra step I'd prefer to avoid. How can I capture MPEG4 files from my hard drive when I am in MyDVD mode? Suprisingly, Roxio's own tech people can't explain how!

Why can't you locate the mpeg4 files using myDVD? They are in the exact same folder as when you locate them in Videowave?

What does "left with converting the VideoWave production to a MyDVD production" mean? Creating your project in Videowave, saving it to a VW project file and then adding that project file in myDVD is the way most users do their project because that is the best way.

BTW, what do you mean by "capture MPEG4 files from my hard drive"? If they are already on your hard drive there is no need to capture, you simply "add" them to your project. I am not suroprised that the Roxio tech people can't explain how since the are p[ropably confused by your problem description.

Archived