Toast 11 Flash Capabilities

GregSJP

Question

Hello,

Since I can't download a trial version of Toast 11, can someone let me know the flash capabilities? Does it allow for chapters such that the user can click on thumbnails and go to a specific chapter in the video? From everything I've seen, it looks like it just allows the flash to be wrapped in a simple player.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

The export function has, among others, several presets for Internet Formats:

- YouTube

- Vimeo

- Facebook

- Flash Video (FLV)

- Flash Video (FLV) with Player

That last option exports a folder with four files: movie.flv, movie.html, movie.js and movie.swf. The html file embeds the video, but the player doesn't seem to have chaptering controls. (Nor do I know how such would work. Nor do I recall ever seeing chaptering controls on any flash file on the 'net.)

playercontrols.jpg

The export function has, among others, several presets for Internet Formats:

- YouTube

- Vimeo

- Facebook

- Flash Video (FLV)

- Flash Video (FLV) with Player

That last option exports a folder with four files: movie.flv, movie.html, movie.js and movie.swf. The html file embeds the video, but the player doesn't seem to have chaptering controls. (Nor do I know how such would work. Nor do I recall ever seeing chaptering controls on any flash file on the 'net.)

playercontrols.jpg

Hi,

Thanks. What I was looking for was something similar to an option available from Camtasia for Mac: Table of Contents (http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/whats-new/mac/).

Archived