• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd & Dvd 10.3 For Vista

David G.

Question

Have this product that came on Dell Studio laptop and was to convert Files to MP3 and will not allow to do so. It says to go to do this but cannot find anywhere in audio projects to do so. Here is what it says to do. Step-by-step:

1. Select the Rip CDs project.

2. Insert an audio CD into your recorder drive. If necessary, select the drive from the Source drop-down menu at the top of the project window.

3. Use the checkboxes to select songs to convert.

4. Use the Destination Selection drop-down menu to select a location to store your new files.

5. Click the action button.

Can someone help me out?

7 answers to this question

Have this product that came on Dell Studio laptop and was to convert Files to MP3 and will not allow to do so. It says to go to do this but cannot find anywhere in audio projects to do so. Here is what it says to do. Step-by-step:

2. Insert an audio CD into your recorder drive. If necessary, select the drive from the Source drop-down menu at the top of the project window.

4. Use the Destination Selection drop-down menu to select a location to store your new files.

Can someone help me out?

You have a Dell oem version (these are cut-down versions) and it may not have that feature.

Check with Dell (they provide ALL support for their version) and see if your version will indeed

convert your files to MP3.

Does it have Music Disc Creator in your version?.

You have a Dell oem version (these are cut-down versions) and it may not have that feature.

Check with Dell (they provide ALL support for their version) and see if your version will indeed

convert your files to MP3.

Does it have Music Disc Creator in your version?.

It has what is called Jukebox disc for music files

Music Disc Creator will mostly do what you want:

post-39730-006146200 1313600692.jpg

But your 'Output' is confined to Disc or a CD Image (c2d)

So if you want them on your HDD, you will have to copy them back from your burned disc - this would be a good use for a CD-RW ;)

As Tony pointed out, the full Retail version offers mp3 conversions and more.

It has what is called Jukebox disc for music files

Dear Jim:

Since I last posted and you replied I remember I had received a Easy CD & DVD disc 19.3 disc from Dell. I couldn't get anywhere with what was on the computer then so I uninstalled what was on the computer and installed the disc. This seems to be an upgraded version as to what was on there, I thought. This time everything came up, including Music Disc Creator, Jukebox Disc, and Rip CD's. After clicking on projects and audio, including Rip CD's. However when I click on it the site comes up, but this is what shows:

Up above where it shows Rip CD and right below it where it shows source and then a spot to eject disc and beside it is says: PLDS DVDRW DL (E) and then everything below it is blank, does not give option to add files. Down in the lower right corner is the button to click on, but I am not able to bring anything onto the site, to put on the disc.

Is there anything else I should be doing, anyone.

Dear Jim:

Since I last posted and you replied I remember I had received a Easy CD & DVD disc 19.3 disc from Dell. I couldn't get anywhere with what was on the computer then so I uninstalled what was on the computer and installed the disc. This seems to be an upgraded version as to what was on there, I thought. This time everything came up, including Music Disc Creator, Jukebox Disc, and Rip CD's. After clicking on projects and audio, including Rip CD's. However when I click on it the site comes up, but this is what shows:

Up above where it shows Rip CD and right below it where it shows source and then a spot to eject disc and beside it is says: PLDS DVDRW DL (E) and then everything below it is blank, does not give option to add files. Down in the lower right corner is the button to click on, but I am not able to bring anything onto the site, to put on the disc.

Is there anything else I should be doing, anyone.

Yes!!!

Music Disc Creator is the only one that will do what you have asked...

This is what I said last post and even included a picture of it ;)

Did you try it?

Don't know if it makes any difference but this computer has Windows Vista on it. Will try and do it through Music Creator, just can't figure out why nothing will show up to add files in the Rip CD part. This comes up in the help part of converting to MP3.

Step-by-step:

On No. 2 it says if necessary, select the drive from the Source drop-down menu at the top of the project window. No way to do that, it does not allow you to.

Sorry to be such a bother.

Vista/Win7, makes no difference.

The "Help" are NO Indication that the feature is part of your cut down package...

You can see from my screen cap, I am using the Dell 10.3 OEM, and that is what I am basing my answers on!

And yes, Rip does allow you to pick any Optical drive you have:

post-39730-009118100 1313949005.jpg

Archived