• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

45 Rpm Singles in Toast 11

dgt

Question

I am downloading 45 RPM singles into my I-tunes via Toast 11.

How can capture multiple 45's (one after another) and build a list to import rather than doing it one at a time.

Once I say "done" and leave the recording station so I can name and clean the 45 I just recorded, it won't let me back to the recording station without starting over again and creating a whole new screen for the next song. Am I being clear enough? Seems like I should be able to stack the songs up somewhere?

Daniel

4 answers to this question

I presume you're referring to Spin Doctor X. To copy multiple 45s into one file just click pause when it's time to swap records. You then can use the track marking feature to separate these back to individual tracks after the recording is completed and the waveform appears. Do some experimenting with just a couple records because Spin Doctor has some bugs and you'll want to see that it all works before putting three hours of 45's into one audio file (of course, you would probably stop much sooner than that).

You should be able to click New from the File menu to start a new recording window.

I presume you're referring to Spin Doctor X. To copy multiple 45s into one file just click pause when it's time to swap records. You then can use the track marking feature to separate these back to individual tracks after the recording is completed and the waveform appears. Do some experimenting with just a couple records because Spin Doctor has some bugs and you'll want to see that it all works before putting three hours of 45's into one audio file (of course, you would probably stop much sooner than that).

You should be able to click New from the File menu to start a new recording window.

Well, thanks so much for a quick reply to this plea! Yes Spin Dr. X.

I know that this should be easy.... where do I find the "track marking feature" for separating them? This should all be so easy. In the past I have used Final Vinyl and it was very simple and intuitive. I hope my experience with Roxie does not continue to be so in the dark.

Thanks so much, Daniel

Well, thanks so much for a quick reply to this plea! Yes Spin Dr. X.

I know that this should be easy.... where do I find the "track marking feature" for separating them? This should all be so easy. In the past I have used Final Vinyl and it was very simple and intuitive. I hope my experience with Roxie does not continue to be so in the dark.

Thanks so much, Daniel

If there are clear gaps between the tracks you can click Auto Define and it will automatically mark tracks. It may make too many or too few. To fix that just delete any that are extra (by clicking on the track ID in the track list and hitting the delete or backspace key). If there are two few drag the handle at the beginning end of a track in the waveform to where it should extend to.

If auto define doesn't work well for you just click and drag across the waveform to mark a track. After the tracks are marked and you've set your filters, choose Send to Toast because that seems to work best right now. The tracks will appear in Toast's audio CD window. If that isn't what you want to create choose Save as Disc Image from the Toast File menu. When that is done choose Audio Files as the format in the Convert window and drag in the .sd2f file Toast just created. Now you can convert the tracks to other formats.

Okay, thanks again... I have played around with this some and seem to understand what I need to do. Again, not the most intuitive program. I am able to save directly to I-tunes without going through Toast or any other file.

Archived