How can I get past the request for a TSID in order to reinstall Easy CD Creator 4 Deluxe on a Windows 98 machine?

Register as Basic.

You don't need a TSID to install Easy CD Creator 4, you need a CD Key.

You can't get past that.

You say "reinstall". If it has been previously installed on THAT machine with that operating system and the registry hasn't been damaged, it may be possible to locate the CD key in the registry.

Is that the case, or is it a new install in this system?

My Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 Deluxe was orignally installed on this machine. When CD Copy stopped working, I did a remove program to uninstall Easy CD Creator 4. Now, when I insert the install disc, the install wizard asks for a 12 digit TSID which was supposed to be on the packaging. I only have the CD sleeve with a part number and version number. Customer service has not been able to help.

Is it possible the TSID is stored somwhere on my PC, even after the uninstall?

Jim,

My great regrets, I put you wrong earlier. It was version 5 where the CDkey was split from the TSID, not 4. One thousand apologies.

In version 4 the TSID serves both installation and support functions (while the program was still supported). During installation the number is stored in several different locations. I did a mimimal install of Creator; the menu system; and JCC; and the number was stored in 4 different sub-keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adaptec\CreateCD\4.0\Registration

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 4\4.0\Registration

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adaptec\Easy CD Engine\1.0\Registration

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adaptec\Jewel Case Creator\4.0\Registration

If your uninstalling didn't remove those keys they may still be there. Run REGEDIT.EXE and either navigate to the Adaptec section of HKLM or else search for "Registration" to see if you can find one still intact.