• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Change Clips De Audio From Track To Track.

gualtero

Question

In mi video producction I can save a audio clip on the music track but not in the efson track. I want to use the music track just for music during the full lenght of my video clip, and the efson track just for diferent clips of audio corresponding to each photo.

Could you help me on this matter please?

The .dat file is in the same folder as the project file which has the extension dmsm. You must have specified where to save it when you started your project.

How do you open the project if you don't know where your project is stored?

Launch Videowave and then select File/Open production. The dialog window should open with the folder where your project is stored.

When I open video VideoWave appear a Windows and I click the video selected and y that is all, it is not any indication about where it is saved. OK I find the DMSM files and data files and I delete the data files. Sorry. The problem remain the same I can´t save the clip (Capítulo 2-3 after the Capítulo 2-1 and 2-2).post-74496-090382200 1314353744.jpgpost-74496-016802200 1314354069.jpg

Hello myguggi,

The exact steps I am done:

In Videowave:

1-select timeline view, OK

2-select "add background audio", OK

3-new window opens and you select the audio click you want to add and then click Open, OK

4-a small window should open asking whether you want to add the audio to the music track or to the audio SFX track, OK

5-select audio SFX and the audio clip will be added to the audio SFX track at the position of the cursor, OK

After done all of these steps appear another window that say, “It is not possible to add audio on this position”. On the position where is place the cursor, the SFX track is empty.

Yes I want a different audio clip for each photo.

PS: If you want one picture of the Timeline of me Videowave, let me know how I can upload and the maximum dimension.

Regards,

Hello sknis,

Thank you for the tutorial, but I have already the audio clips for me VideoWave recorded ( a lot of) in me hard disk, sure I can go in the way that you suggest but the place where I want to put is at the beginning of a long video with several sound clips inside. Is there any other possible solution?

Regards,

As I said above, I have few suggestions.

Why are you not using the muisc track to add the audio at that point? Does that work? How long (time) is that narration? Would it run into the narration you already have there at about 1;45?

Spread out the timeline to see if there is something there that you cannot see but may show up if the timeline were expanded.

Hello sknis,

Thank you for the tutorial, but I have already the audio clips for me VideoWave recorded ( a lot of) in me hard disk, sure I can go in the way that you suggest but the place where I want to put is at the beginning of a long video with several sound clips inside. Is there any other possible solution?

Regards,

We never answered your first question, Answer; you cannot change the audio sound by dragging it to a different audio track.

Ok, do this.

1) In Video Wave, clcik on the first image where you want to add narration (wav or mp3).

2) Once that is selected, click to show the Internal track. The advantage of using the internal track is that the audio will stay with the track and NOT bleed into another image. If you decide to chage the locvation of the image, that audio will stay with it.

3) You will notice that one image is hioghlighted and the tracks are now yellow (or buff).

4) Select to add background audio.

5) Select the one audio file you want to add. In this case, it doesn't matter where you add it.

6) Preview it and adjust the length of the image display to match the length of the audio. You can simply place your cursor over the end of the image in the video track to get a double ended arrow. Drag it to the right to lengthen the display. Note, if all your narration files are the same length or of you can live with the narration finishing before the display changes, then you can do a universal change of the length of the image display BEFORE you go to the internal track.

7) Click done and go onto the next image.

8) Repeat the procedure as many times as you need to. No, there is no shortcut to doing what you want.

post-58-025935500 1314183935.jpg

As I said above, I have few suggestions.

Why are you not using the muisc track to add the audio at that point? Does that work? How long (time) is that narration? Would it run into the narration you already have there at about 1;45?

Spread out the timeline to see if there is something there that you cannot see but may show up if the timeline were expanded.

I am not using the music track, because the music I am prepared for the video use the full track. There on the full tracks it is nothing special, like you see on the picture and also after spread out, only on the internal track, text in some pictures.

Hello myguggi,

The exact steps I am done:

In Videowave:

1-select timeline view, OK

2-select "add background audio", OK

3-new window opens and you select the audio click you want to add and then click Open, OK

4-a small window should open asking whether you want to add the audio to the music track or to the audio SFX track, OK

5-select audio SFX and the audio clip will be added to the audio SFX track at the position of the cursor, OK

After done all of these steps appear another window that say, "It is not possible to add audio on this position". On the position where is place the cursor, the SFX track is empty.

Yes I want a different audio clip for each photo.

PS: If you want one picture of the Timeline of me Videowave, let me know how I can upload and the maximum dimension.

Regards,

If you want a different audio clip for each photo then you should be using the internal tracks and add the audio clips on the internal audio tracks.

To attach a picture:

Click on "Click to attach files"

Navigate to folder containing file you want to add and select picture file.

A small picture icon will appear on left and to the right will be the option "add to post or cancel"

select "add to post"

The picture (or a link) to it will now appear in your post.

Hello sknis,

The way that you suggest it is fine thank you, but the voice clips sometimes I need to put them in more of one picture for synchronize the voice against the movie, that was the reason for try to use the SFX track.

On the other hand, seem to me curious that in another part of the video I have place several sound clips on the SFX track without problems. Maybe only it is possible the first time but afterwards when you delete the clip and try to record again, appear the problem?. Can be the reason?

Regards.

I am not using the music track, because the music I am prepared for the video use the full track. There on the full tracks it is nothing special, like you see on the picture and also after spread out, only on the internal track, text in some pictures.

You did not answer my question about the loength of the video file that you can't add; will it be longer than the space between the two sfx files that are laready there?

Sorry, I give up.

Contact Roxio support if no one else has any suggestions.

You did not answer my question about the loength of the video file that you can't add; will it be longer than the space between the two sfx files that are laready there?

Sorry, I give up.

Contact Roxio support if no one else has any suggestions.

gualtero is not adding video but audio clips to the audio SF tracks. If you meant audio then the length doesn't matter , it will be truncated at the begiining of the following audio clip.

You have stated several times that the audio SF will apply to only one picture so why do you not add the audio SF on the internal track?

You have stated several times that the audio SF will apply to only one picture so why do you not add the audio SF on the internal track?

I read post #17 differently. He does want the audio to go over several images. Perhaps he can clarify it for us again.

I just though of a long workaround.

Start a new project and add only those images where you want to narration to extend over more than one image. Add that narration to the audio track. Select to "output" then "export as" that short slide show to a mpg2 file, best quality for DVD. Those controls are at the top menu of video wave. Name it and save it. Add that mpg2 file to its proper location in your large slide show.

Again, just a remonder that any audio that you want for just one image should be put on the internal track for that image. A good example is the tic-toc for the clock. If you make ANY changes to any of the images or add an image before that clock, the TicToc will be off and you will have to rearrange the location of all the files that come after

I read post #17 differently. He does want the audio to go over several images. Perhaps he can clarify it for us again.

For try to clarify the problem:

-On the audio track I want to put the music clip that is not already place because first I need to take out the clips it is already there. My music clip that I have already got a length of 10:00 minutes, the same that the video.

-For that I try to place on the SFX (Efson) track, the other possibility is to add to the internal music of the panel, I can´t use because sometimes I need to synchronize against more than one panel and I don´t know how to do it, if that is possible.

I just though of a long workaround.

Start a new project and add only those images where you want to narration to extend over more than one image. Add that narration to the audio track. Select to "output" then "export as" that short slide show to a mpg2 file, best quality for DVD. Those controls are at the top menu of video wave. Name it and save it. Add that mpg2 file to its proper location in your large slide show.

Again, just a remonder that any audio that you want for just one image should be put on the internal track for that image. A good example is the tic-toc for the clock. If you make ANY changes to any of the images or add an image before that clock, the TicToc will be off and you will have to rearrange the location of all the files that come after

Actually breaking up the project into several smaller project is the way I would do it.

Hello sknis,

The way that you suggest it is fine thank you, but the voice clips sometimes I need to put them in more of one picture for synchronize the voice against the movie, that was the reason for try to use the SFX track.

On the other hand, seem to me curious that in another part of the video I have place several sound clips on the SFX track without problems. Maybe only it is possible the first time but afterwards when you delete the clip and try to record again, appear the problem?. Can be the reason?

Regards.

Go to the top menu and select tools, options and then clear the proxy files.

Other than that , make sure that the verticle cursor is NOT already on a audio clip on the sfx track. You can use any of the audio tracks so you can add one narration to the sfx track and the next one to the narration and then the next one to the sfx track as long as you are NOT trying to add something to the same location as somehting already there.

Take and post a screen shot of what you have so we can see it. It is hard to understand what the issue is.

250820111001016.jpg

Sorry Sknis, yesterday I was too quick in fact delete the proxy option from the tool menu only work the first time but not the second time, again when I try to place in the SFX the second clip where not running.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2225/250820111001016.jpg

On the music track you see several clips that I try to place on the SFX track. Yesterday I achieve to place the clip before the vertical cursor, but today I can´t place none of them on the position where is the cursor, because appear again ““It is not possible to add audio on this position”.

In mi video producction I can save a audio clip on the music track but not in the efson track. I want to use the music track just for music during the full lenght of my video clip, and the efson track just for diferent clips of audio corresponding to each photo.

Could you help me on this matter please?

Does efson mean internal?

I don't think the translation for "efson track" came across correctly (gualtero is from Spain ;) )

I am guessing that you want it on the FX track but that is reserved only for Video effects...

There is an Sfx track that will accept music. In this screen cap, I have music on the Music track as well as the Sfx track:

post-39730-027368600 1314104935.jpg

Or I am completely off my rocker :lol:

I don't speak Spanish, but if you would be more comfortable posting in Spanish, there are many here that can read it and provide assistance ;)

Hello Jim Hardin,

You are right and the picture show exactly what I want. With Efson track I am referred to the Sfx track, thank you.

But the problem I have, is that when I try to place the second music clip on the Sfx track (the first is not a problem) appear one message that say me “It is not possible to add audio on this position” when that position is available.

Maybe because I where have before on that position other clip, and I where erased?

Regards

Hello Jim Hardin,

You are right and the picture show exactly what I want. With Efson track I am referred to the Sfx track, thank you.

But the problem I have, is that when I try to place the second music clip on the Sfx track (the first is not a problem) appear one message that say me "It is not possible to add audio on this position" when that position is available.

Maybe because I where have before on that position other clip, and I where erased?

Regards

Make sure that that track is still selected. There should be a dotted box around it.

Archived