• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Won't Open

mklein

Question

About one week ago, I had the problem that my effects and transitions had disappeared. A gure answered and advised me to disable anti virus and reinstall the problem from the original disk. I also reviewed previous posts on this issue and followed directions. Now when I try to start Creator 2009, I get the famous error message-Roxio creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. So I am worse off than before, as I now cannotmake videos or backup my files with Roxio. Any more suggestions.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

About one week ago, I had the problem that my effects and transitions had disappeared. A gure answered and advised me to disable anti virus and reinstall the problem from the original disk. I also reviewed previous posts on this issue and followed directions. Now when I try to start Creator 2009, I get the famous error message-Roxio creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. So I am worse off than before, as I now cannotmake videos or backup my files with Roxio. Any more suggestions.

Thanks

Thank you, grandpa Bruce. I followed the steps, using the uninstaller and then reinstalling Creator 2009 from the original disk and everything is working fine. I have all my transitions and effects back. I had previously tried to reinstal Creator 2009 from the disk without using the uninstaller and that did not work. Also my sincere thanks to whoever it was who posted the uninstaller.

Mike

Thanks

Follow the steps here, to uninstall the software, then install it again.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74682-uninstaller-for-creator-2009-not-official/

Thank you, grandpa Bruce. I followed the steps, using the uninstaller and then reinstalling Creator 2009 from the original disk and everything is working fine. I have all my transitions and effects back. I had previously tried to reinstal Creator 2009 from the disk without using the uninstaller and that did not work. Also my sincere thanks to whoever it was who posted the uninstaller.

Mike

You're welcome, Mike. I am glad that you are back up and running.

Ivan is the person who posted the uninstaller.

Archived