• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Audio Cd To Hd

richncali

Is it possible to copy an audio CD to the HD and then save it somewhere on your PC so you can go back to listen to it w/o burning it onto a blank CD?

With Roxio C2011 and other versions, yes you can.

You can rip it to these file types.

post-97-077065500 1314205046.jpg

Certainly.

You don't say what version of Roxio program you have, but for Creator 2010 or 2011, from the Roxio Home menu, click tab for Music/Audio. On that screen should be a "Rip" option. Select that. If it doesn't automatically find your CD, make sure it's looking at the right optical drive. Then go into "Options" to select your preferred file type/encoding for the files saved on your PC. (Use .WAV to maintain the same quality as on the CD, or MP3 for a smaller file size.) Then select a folder to put the files into, and click the green arrow to start it up. If it's a commercial CD, it should find track/album/artist information from Gracenote.

Once it's done, simply navigate to the folder you told it to save the files into and play them from there.

Hope that helps!

Certainly.

You don't say what version of Roxio program you have, but for Creator 2010 or 2011, from the Roxio Home menu, click tab for Music/Audio. On that screen should be a "Rip" option. Select that. If it doesn't automatically find your CD, make sure it's looking at the right optical drive. Then go into "Options" to select your preferred file type/encoding for the files saved on your PC. (Use .WAV to maintain the same quality as on the CD, or MP3 for a smaller file size.) Then select a folder to put the files into, and click the green arrow to start it up. If it's a commercial CD, it should find track/album/artist information from Gracenote.

Once it's done, simply navigate to the folder you told it to save the files into and play them from there.

Hope that helps!

My version is the Pro 2011...I followed your instructions, created a new folder in my documents, but I keep getting "cannot save tracks at your selected location. Please select another location."

Edited to get response out of the quote.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Do you have administrative rights on your PC? (For a home PC, you should.) I guess the first thing I would try is creating a folder that's NOT in the "My Documents" folder. Try creating a folder right off the C:\ drive.

Let us know what happens.

Still the same!

What version of Windows are you running? I'm assuming this is your own personal PC at home? If you know what userid you are logged in to Windows with, is that user an Administrator? Do you have multiple user accounts set up on that PC?

Yep, lots of questions at this point.

I'm using Win7, and I just now changed my account as an Administrator & I do know my username for the Windows 7. I don't have multiple accounts.

Just a suggestion but if you just changed your account to be an administrator, go to the folder on your computer where you want to add your files etc.

and check all the permissions and especially edit and change the permissions and "OWNERSHIP" of that folder as well as all your other folders.

Right click on the folder in question and then click on "PROPERTIES"--Then on the drop down box click on the "SECURITY" (tab). Then highlight each

of the group names and change their permissions to "FULL".

Then on that samew screen click on the "ADVANCED" (box) and click on the "OWNER" (tab). Make sure that you (as administer) is the owner. If not check

the "EDIT" box and change the ownership to "ADMINISTRATOR". You probably should do this with all the folders in Windows Explorer to make sure that are all

accessable to you as the new administer.

If you ahve already completed these tasks, you should be able to add or move files.

Frank...

Archived