downindm

Update To 11.0.4 Fails

Question

I got the message about there being an update - so opted to install it (currently on 11.0.3) and I get a message saying the update that was downloaded is not properly signed??? I don't see anywhere to download the updater either...

11 answers to this question

same here USA,,

what an embarrassing completely inept company!

I bought Toast 11 almost four months ago and I still have not received the 20.00 rebate. Now the rebate company says this....

Due to the overwhelming response to this promotion all the rebates submitted for this offer have been delayed since we process one rebate at a time. I understand that in the terms and conditions of the rebate we estimated a delivery time of 8-10 weeks from when the information is received but due to the response to this particular promotion the delivery time has been delayed.

Please allow more time in order to receive your check, be aware that your check will come in the form of a postcard and not inside of an envelope. I truly apologize for this and I really thank you for your patience.

Edited by dpdan

The errors are because the file you're downloading is 11.0.3, not 11.0.4. Roxio has apparently uploaded (or pointed to) the wrong update file. Unfortunately, their direct software update page only points to 11.0.2...so this is a case of just waiting a day or so for the real 0.4 updater to appear. (I do have to agree that Roxio is particularly inept at these simple things...)

Edited by tvalleau

Try doing the update from within the Toast Application. That works OK. :)

Yes. It is now working correctly (at least in U.S.).

I've tried the update by downloading through MacUpdate and directly through the Toast application and I get the same message as others. In short, it doesn't appear that Roxio has fixed the problem. If Roxio HAS fixed the problem it'd be nice if it informed its customers how rather than leaving discussion group members to flounder on our own..

It's a DNS TTL (Time To Live) issue. Switch to a different DNS provider temporarily, and you'll get the update.

Edited by tvalleau

same here USA,,

what an embarrassing completely inept company!

[/color]

I agree. In 20 years, I have never had so many problems with software as I have with Toast Titanium 11. I've been in regular communication with Tech Support, followed all their instructions, and it still doesn't work right. The company's web site is full of broken links. Downloads don't work, or are the wrong version. Installations screw up because the word "admin" is hard coded somewhere. There is no uninstall script.