mcx606

8.05 Update Is It Worth Installing?

Question

I would like to thank anyone who can help out with any information on this update. Can someone please tell me if it is worth installing the 8.05 update. Has anyone got this update to install and operate correctly? I have read items on this forum and am very pleased with the effort you people give in helping us newbies out.

Edited by mcx606

7 answers to this question

Having installed the download version of EMC8 in early December 2005, and after having popups of the application repeatedly asking to insert the CD (see this forum for similar problem) with no help from Tech Support, I suggest you stick to Version 7.5 -- if its working for you.

Hi mcx606,

the update contains some fix's for issues, that showed up over the release date of the version 8.0 of the product, but some users have found that they have had a more issues after updating, i used the update fine, and have no probs on my testing unit, but as for your side, if version 8.0 is working fine and you dont have a prob, dont bother until you see updated posts here from the ADMIN saying that there is a 8.? patch and they recomend that you update,

My saying is also "if it aint broke, then dont play with it"

As always it's your call.

Edited by rydall2000

Having installed the download version of EMC8 in early December 2005, and after having popups of the application repeatedly asking to insert the CD (see this forum for similar problem) with no help from Tech Support, I suggest you stick to Version 7.5 -- if its working for you.

How did you contact Tech Support? email, phone, live chat?

Or were you referring to the forum here? Which, just as an FYI, is not a form of Roxio Tech Support in any way. It is a Roxio sponsored User forum for users to help each other. Any Roxio moderators that post here do so on their own time for the most part.

Thanks so much for every ones responses and I will be sticking with the original for now. Sorry for taking so long to respond but I had been only checking back occasionally to see what others have posted. Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

How did you contact Tech Support? email, phone, live chat?

Or were you referring to the forum here? Which, just as an FYI, is not a form of Roxio Tech Support in any way. It is a Roxio sponsored User forum for users to help each other. Any Roxio moderators that post here do so on their own time for the most part.

==========

No, I'm NOT referring to this Forum.

Contacted Roxio's tech support via email -- no reply. Roxanne? Never heard of such a problem. Phone? Refuse to use it. As a repeat customer -- used v5.0, 6.0 & 7.5. -- it will cost me $$s -- unlike other S/W companies with little or no problems to install their applications. Why pay to solve a problem, when there appears to be no immediate solution. Fortunately, this forum is revealing the same problems from other frustrated Roxio EMC 8 users. We can't get pass installing the application!

==========

No, I'm NOT referring to this Forum.

Contacted Roxio's tech support via email -- no reply. Roxanne? Never heard of such a problem. Phone? Refuse to use it. As a repeat customer -- used v5.0, 6.0 & 7.5. -- it will cost me $$s -- unlike other S/W companies with little or no problems to install their applications. Why pay to solve a problem, when there appears to be no immediate solution. Fortunately, this forum is revealing the same problems from other frustrated Roxio EMC 8 users. We can't get pass installing the application!

Just wondering, are you saying you will not call them because it will cost you money?

If so, it is because of phone company rates or the fee Roxio lists? Just as FYI, the fee they list is not always charged. It's never charged until you have had a chance to talk to a live person and explain your problem. They only then decide if it's a call you'd be charged for, and you have the option to say no at that point and still not have to pay anything. For installation issues, they have never charged customers in the past.