• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"export As" In Roxio Videowave

Zoberist

Question

I am a long time Roxio user. I shoot with a Canon VIXIA HF S10 1980 x 1080 AVCHD and use Roxio VideoWave to select my *.mts files. When I have completed putting the files together in the storyline, I click to "Export As" and expect to see some number of 1980 x 1080 AVCHD options. (The Make Movie file dialog box appears, displaying options for the type of

files you can output to) All I see are 720 X 480 options. This makes no sense. This is really just been since the last upgrade. The same video file in Creator 2010 which gave me the choise of creating a 1980 x 1080 options when I clicked on "export as" file, MP4 is limiting my choices to AVC best 720 X 480. What has changed?

Step five: Output your production

You can output your production in different ways, depending on what you

want to do with it.

To output your production in one of many formats:

1 Choose Output > Export As.

You are prompted to save your production.

2 Click Yes, specify a file name, and click Save.

The Make Movie dialog box appears, displaying options for the type of

files you can output to

6 answers to this question

Let us know what you find out...

Jim:

It worked great. I was able to select AVCHD 1980 x 1080, 24 fps which is a great setting for sending "stuff" to YouTube. I just have to remember to always select 16:9 when setting yo a production since I always shoot in HD. This begs another question. If memory serves me correctly there was a way to set as a default, all new productions to 16:9. Do you recall how to do that?

Best Regards and thank you again

Tom

I am a long time Roxio user. I shoot with a Canon VIXIA HF S10 1980 x 1080 AVCHD and use Roxio VideoWave to select my *.mts files. When I have completed putting the files together in the storyline, I click to "Export As" and expect to see some number of 1980 x 1080 AVCHD options. (The Make Movie file dialog box appears, displaying options for the type of

files you can output to) All I see are 720 X 480 options. This makes no sense. This is really just been since the last upgrade. The same video file in Creator 2010 which gave me the choise of creating a 1980 x 1080 options when I clicked on "export as" file, MP4 is limiting my choices to AVC best 720 X 480. What has changed?

Step five: Output your production

You can output your production in different ways, depending on what you

want to do with it.

To output your production in one of many formats:

1 Choose Output > Export As.

You are prompted to save your production.

2 Click Yes, specify a file name, and click Save.

The Make Movie dialog box appears, displaying options for the type of

files you can output to

Easy answer. Select 16 by 9 when you start you new Video Wave project.

Also when you go to output/export, select a HD option and then use the dropdown.

Archived