• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd/dvd Creator 6 Uninstall Problems

pingiii

I just installed EMC8 to replace my previous Roxio product suite. However, I was unable to deinstall my other/older programs because the install utility wants the old installation disk which must contain the uninstall programs. I don't have the disks because I purchased these programs online and downloaded the code. Is there a good/safe/clean way to remove old Roxio programs cleanly that will also take care of the registry updates/cleaning??

I just installed EMC8 to replace my previous Roxio product suite. However, I was unable to deinstall my other/older programs because the install utility wants the old installation disk which must contain the uninstall programs. I don't have the disks because I purchased these programs online and downloaded the code. Is there a good/safe/clean way to remove old Roxio programs cleanly that will also take care of the registry updates/cleaning??

First, use add/remove in Windows, especially if you have WinXP. The alternative is to have to edit the registry. Did I say you should first use add/remvoe in Windows? I meant to say that first.

THEN use roxizap. Roxizap is located at:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

(NOTE: if you ARE using Roxio (Now Symantec) GoBack 3, unistall before and reinstall afterward.)

Lynn

First, use add/remove in Windows, especially if you have WinXP. The alternative is to have to edit the registry. Did I say you should first use add/remvoe in Windows? I meant to say that first.

THEN use roxizap. Roxizap is located at:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

(NOTE: if you ARE using Roxio (Now Symantec) GoBack 3, unistall before and reinstall afterward.)

Lynn

Hi Lynn, Thanks for your help on this. I do run WindowsXP and I have tried the normal add/remove procedure, but it doesn't work. It calls for the installation disk to be entered which I guess means that the uninstall code must be on the disk and it not loaded when the software is installed. I downloaded the software from Roxio online when I purchased it, so I don't have the disk. As for your suggestion, before I proceed I have a few questions. What is Roxizap? I did the download but I'm hesitant to run it without knowing a little more detail. Also, I'm not sure I understand your (note) or what 'GoBack 3 means. Are you saying I should uninstall EMC8 before I remove the other Roxio products and then reinstall after using the Zap? Thanks again for your help.

Len

Hi Lynn, Thanks for your help on this. I do run WindowsXP and I have tried the normal add/remove procedure, but it doesn't work. It calls for the installation disk to be entered which I guess means that the uninstall code must be on the disk and it not loaded when the software is installed. I downloaded the software from Roxio online when I purchased it, so I don't have the disk. As for your suggestion, before I proceed I have a few questions. What is Roxizap? I did the download but I'm hesitant to run it without knowing a little more detail. Also, I'm not sure I understand your (note) or what 'GoBack 3 means. Are you saying I should uninstall EMC8 before I remove the other Roxio products and then reinstall after using the Zap? Thanks again for your help.

Len

Roxizap is a program especially written to remove ECDC 4 or ECDC 5, and will work with Version 6. Because it is a "brute force" program, it will take out everything Roxio ... I think the "Version 3" was added to the comments when Patatrox edited it, and I admit I hadn't re-read it subsequently. With WinXP, if add/remove hasn't been used first, you can wind up with "missing burners", which requires regeistry editing.

However, regarding EMC 8, it can co-exist with ECDC 6 as long as only one of the Packet-Writing programs (Drag2Disc in this case) is installed.

For info on EMC 8 and Roxizap, you will have to ask on the EMC 8 boards, I don't have it and haven't used it.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Len

"GoBack 3" is a program that was originally written by Roxio before being sold to Symantec. It is very similar to the "System Restore" in Win XP. If you don't have it, (GoBack 3), on your computer don't worry about it. :)

Archived