Anita

Trasferring productions from EMC 7.5 to 8

Question

I have created many slideshow productions with EMC 7.5. I now have EMC 8. I would like to add some of the features on EMC 8 to the slideshows I made on EMC 7. When I open the productions in 8, everything is there except the text. The ABC shows on the storyboard panel. It does not show on the preview screen or when playing the slideshow.

5 answers to this question

It is possible that you used text in 7.5 that is no long available in v8. That will happen with transitions, overlays and effects also. If you use a type that both programs contain, then everythings works, if not, it will not be compatable.

Anita,

I have many slide shows of old genealogy pictures with text and music background generated with EMC 7.5. They are terrific! When I purchased EMC 8 disaster struck. If you are focasing on slide shows, as I am, my advice is stay with Vs. 7.5. EMC 8 is slow, doesn't recognize much of what I put together with 7.5 and adding and editing text is labor intensive, confusing, and user UNFRIENDLY. And don't expect any help from the manual which can be downloaded. It's absolutely useless. Stay with version 7.5. I paid only $50 for my Vs. 8 - so I'm not out that much.

Bill

I don't know what part of the software that Bill is using to make his slideshows, but you should be using videowave to put it together and/or edit it, then open it up in MyDVD to create a menu and to burn it.What verson of v8 to you have. (this is for Anita or Bill) Anita, open up your slideshow in v7/7.5 and change the text to be the same type that is in both versions, then it will probably open in v8.

I need help editing slide shows in EMC8, VideoWave:

My slideshows are in VidioWave, V8. When editing text, I find it difficult to highlite the text when required to work with it. Secondly, when finishing the edit, all my frames are grayed out except the one I finished editing. I must then save the work (which is slower than V7.5) and open the slide show again to continue viewing and working with it.

How can I avoid the save and re-open each frame I edit?

Bill

I need help editing slide shows in EMC8, VideoWave:

My slideshows are in VidioWave, V8. When editing text, I find it difficult to highlite the text when required to work with it. Secondly, when finishing the edit, all my frames are grayed out except the one I finished editing. I must then save the work (which is slower than V7.5) and open the slide show again to continue viewing and working with it.

How can I avoid the save and re-open each frame I edit?

Bill

If you are a frequent reader to this board, you probably have read that display issues are often tied to the video set up on your computer. Please post what you have. Update the video drivers and also make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9c loaded,