• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

brianboru1970

Videowave 13 Exe Error. Help!

Question

hello there folks..just finished pulling my hair out. ive read along the board im not alone with being unable to add a video file in "create dvd" or in the "advanced edit" without videowave terminating as a runtime error as noxqcez had.

my install had no previous versions installed before creator 2011 pro. ive installed/uninstalled it 5 times now, the last one having gone into msconfig and disabling all programs on startup and disabling my antivirus (i didnt know thats what is best to do). my directx is up to date on drivers as is my graphics card drivers.

my good people,i am not computer innards inclined but wonder if my 256mb radeon x700se card is enough?

talking of which, im running 2gb ram on pentium D 3.66GHZ dual core proccessors.

any advice would be most well recieved, but i must ask..how can i be sold a program that doesnt work out of the box? i came to this site and straight away found my problem. interesting that ive had to install a 2010 service patch when i bought my disc last week.

can anyone shine a light please.

Brian. :unsure:

4 answers to this question

hello there folks..just finished pulling my hair out. ive read along the board im not alone with being unable to add a video file in "create dvd" or in the "advanced edit" without videowave terminating as a runtime error as noxqcez had.

my install had no previous versions installed before creator 2011 pro. ive installed/uninstalled it 5 times now, the last one having gone into msconfig and disabling all programs on startup and disabling my antivirus (i didnt know thats what is best to do). my directx is up to date on drivers as is my graphics card drivers.

my good people,i am not computer innards inclined but wonder if my 256mb radeon x700se card is enough?

talking of which, im running 2gb ram on pentium D 3.66GHZ dual core proccessors.

any advice would be most well recieved, but i must ask..how can i be sold a program that doesnt work out of the box? i came to this site and straight away found my problem. interesting that ive had to install a 2010 service patch when i bought my disc last week.

can anyone shine a light please.

Brian. :unsure:

Why would you install a C2010 service patch when you have C2011? Where did you buy the program last week?

C2011 works out of the box just fine for most users.

What kind of files are you trying to add? Where did you get them? Do you get the same error when you try to add a jpg photo file?

Edited by myguggi

Try this. Go to Tools / options / render option then click hardware. It might help.

Please look at the dates of the threads that you have hijacked. They are all long dead threads.

David 2012,

I guess you're trying to help, but you've just arrived here and have given four people the same "cure" for four different problems. Some of those people have been gone for years.

I know the old saying "To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail" but please desist from hitting everything you see with "Change to hardware rendering". Thank you.

Brendon