• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio On Playback

pudding

Question

I've just installed the Easy LP to MP3. Everything is going well and the computer is obviously recording my LP's. However, when I come to play them back I am not getting any sound. Things work fine on iTunes but none of the Roxio recordings can be heard. I've tried on iTunes, Windows Media Player and VLC media player. Nothing. Not a peep. What am I doing wrong? I am operating on Vista.

22 answers to this question

If you have no audio then look at the hookup...

Describe it from platter to the PC, in detail ;)

I have a line plugged into the record player's microphone point and then to the L & R bits of the audio capture USB.

From there I have the thing linked to the computer via a USB point.

When I play the LP and press record, it shows that it is recording properly.

I then export the recording to My Music as an MP3 file.

It is at this point that I am unable to get sound. It shows that it is playing on any or all of the options I have (iTunes, Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player.

When I record I think I have all the correct options chosen - at least, I've done it all as the booklet has told me. I am able to listen to all my normal iTune stuff and can rip, l;burn and play any other CD's if I want. I feel I must be doing something wrong but just can't work out what!

Edit: added LineFeeds @ no extra charge :lol:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

A "Microphone" port is for Input, not output <_<

Try connecting to Aux or L/R which have Output. Actually most folks connect to the output of their Amplifier. ;)

Depending on your equipment it may require more. If that doesn't help, let us know the make and model of your Player and your PC info.

When recording, you should see movement in the audio levels:

post-39730-014284800 1314809960.jpg

There are some other things that come into play too, but this should do it.

A "Microphone" port is for Input, not output <_<

Try connecting to Aux or L/R which have Output. Actually most folks connect to the output of their Amplifier. ;)

Depending on your equipment it may require more. If that doesn't help, let us know the make and model of your Player and your PC info.

When recording, you should see movement in the audio levels:

post-39730-014284800 1314809960.jpg

There are some other things that come into play too, but this should do it.

Sorry - it's plugged into the headphone jack on the record player (as per book). It's definitely recording on to the computer - everything showing up as fine and letting me export to chosen spot on the hard-dirve. (I'm afraid that I get in a bit of a muddle with the technical terms). When I open the saved file in, say, Windows media player, it shows that it's playing but just no sound coming out.

...and the Recording Levels that I asked about? Are they moving?

Do you hear the audio while it is hooked up? While it is Recording?

Yes, the levels are moving. I now find that I can hear audio through my headphones which is a huge step forward but still nothing on the computer. However, this does prove that the thing is working and I am not going completely mad. I begin to think that I have clicked/unclicked something in the 'sound' box. Can't work out what but I will! A bit of determination and renewed vigour after a day at work. I am grateful for your help.

I'm nearly there. I can hear it on the computer. Yessssss!

Another tiny problem ......... sorry. The track separater doesn't seem to recognise when a new track starts. I've tried jiggling the settings about a bit - even down to 2 secs. but it is still missing some of the gaps. Any suggestions? (You'll be pretty bored with me by the time I've finished - but I've a lot of old LP's to record!) Mary.

I have done very little with Audio and as I mentioned, I do not have the exact software package that you have ;) (i am leading up to a Plea of Stupidiyy :lol: )

What is the exact name of the Program you are running, either up top in the border or through Help-About:

post-39730-021882200 1314967939.jpg

Not boring at all but I may invite some others to help out with the Track issue ;)

Roxio Easy LP to MP3

Version: 10.3.104

Build: 101B04E, ELT

Serial Number: ------------

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

At least I know how to copy and paste! All help is truly appreciated.

Edit: NO serial numbers please ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I'm nearly there. I can hear it on the computer. Yessssss!

Another tiny problem ......... sorry. The track separater doesn't seem to recognise when a new track starts. I've tried jiggling the settings about a bit - even down to 2 secs. but it is still missing some of the gaps. Any suggestions? (You'll be pretty bored with me by the time I've finished - but I've a lot of old LP's to record!) Mary.

Mary, I really haven't played much with the automatic track separator. I usually record a full side of an LP at a time, that way I can apply any cleaning and effects to the whole side at one time, easily. (The same cleaning is usually appropriate for an entire side.) Then, once all that's done, I split out the individual tracks manually. I like to have the tracks split just prior to where the track starts, so when I'm indexing to the "next" song, it start without any delay.

So, that's my preference, and why.

Mary, I really haven't played much with the automatic track separator. I usually record a full side of an LP at a time, that way I can apply any cleaning and effects to the whole side at one time, easily. (The same cleaning is usually appropriate for an entire side.) Then, once all that's done, I split out the individual tracks manually. I like to have the tracks split just prior to where the track starts, so when I'm indexing to the "next" song, it start without any delay.

So, that's my preference, and why.

Hello - having spent what seems like forever playing with this, that's what I've ended up doing! The only thing is, when I've recorded from an LP and am then transferring to a CD via the computer, the songs aren't arriving in their original order. I'm sure it's my fault but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I transfer them as MP3 files it's ok but if I record and transfer them as WAV files, they mix up. Bit like the operator really!

You should be able to arrange the tracks in the proper order even with .WAV files. If you're using "Create Audio CD Project" (which starts "Music Disc Creator") then you should be able to drag the tracks into the right position after adding them into the project. If you're using the Create Music CD option, then select the track that needs to be moved, and find the "Move Up"/"Move Down" buttons (the up and down arrows near the "info" button) to change the position of the track.

See the picture here.

One trick, when splitting out your tracks, name them with a number at the front, ie: 01 - track one.wav, 02 - track two.wav, which will put them in order "alphabetically". (Don't forget the leading zero.) Hope that helps!

Edited by d_deweywright

You should be able to arrange the tracks in the proper order even with .WAV files. If you're using "Create Audio CD Project" (which starts "Music Disc Creator") then you should be able to drag the tracks into the right position after adding them into the project. If you're using the Create Music CD option, then select the track that needs to be moved, and find the "Move Up"/"Move Down" buttons (the up and down arrows near the "info" button) to change the position of the track.

See the picture here.

One trick, when splitting out your tracks, name them with a number at the front, ie: 01 - track one.wav, 02 - track two.wav, which will put them in order "alphabetically". (Don't forget the leading zero.) Hope that helps!

Definitely a help! Thank you. I suspect there's about a nine hour difference in our time zones so it's nice to be on the computer at roughly the same time. Pouring, windy and horrible here in UK. Mary

U.K.? That would be only 5 hours difference from upstate New York, where I am. But, wet here as well. It rained pretty much all day yesterday (Monday, 5, September) too, and they're calling for more rain through Thursday.

Ain't Life Grand? What happened to summer? Can't sit here chatting. On with the recordings! Many thanks for all your help. Mary

Well, where are we getting it from then? Must be blowing across the Atlantic. I'm close to South Wales but on the English side so consider us to be in a direct Westerly line from you - therefore, I shall blame you for the weather. It should be Indian Summer here, not mid-november! Foretaste of things to come perhaps. Global warming my foot.

We are on Eastern Daylight Time, so we are 4 hours earlier than Mary ;)

Rainy here too, remnants of Tropical Storm Lee... I'm about 200 miles South of Dave, so what dumps on him, runs 'downhill' to me :lol:

Ah, but while we're on Eastern Daylight Time, across the pond they're enjoying British Summer Time. See here. So, back to 5 hours difference. (And they're earlier. We're "behinder.")

I wondered about that ;) And your math is correct, add 5 hours to get their current time...

KY & TN get interesting, MAP.

Well according to the time on your post (2.48 pm) you're apparently 9 hours behind us. This is very confusing - even more than the CD burner! Whatever, it's bed time for me. Night night.