• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Roxio 6 And Roxio 12 Be Resident On Pc Together

Zingere

Question

12 answers to this question

Zingere,

Hi Art, sorry I've been so long but there has been much to do and even then I can only give a general indication unless I actually use each function on both sets of software right through to a conclusion and produce DVDs and CDs, labels, copy all sorts of discs and convert all sorts of media. You get the picture? :)

I installed both suites into XP-SP3 with an NTFS file system.

post-208-008872200 1315093695.jpg

Since you already have Easy CD & DVD Creator running, there's no need to concern yourself with what version of Internet Explorer you have.

Creator 2012 installed into this system without any apparent conflicts, using a little over 4.5 GB. The two sets of software seem to behave quite independently, since they are sufficiently far apart in version number not to get tangled together. I ran each item in each suite, and they appear to be running properly. I could even run the two versions of Creator Classic simultaneously, although for obvious reasons I didn't try to get both of them burning discs at the same time. [Looking at Creator Classic, I see why you want to retain version 6].

Creator 2012 installs DivX Plus and there are no install options to allow you to opt out, so it might tread on an existing DivX if you have that installed. Since Plus would probably be an upgrade, that shouldn't bother you.

Creator 2012 has an application called Roxio Burn which pops up an icon when you insert a disc. It doesn't seem to interfere with Drag-to-Disc, but you can disable either of those applications if you need to.

Bearing in mind that I haven't had time to do exhaustive testing, it looks to me as if both suites will co-exist happily in XP-SP3.

I'll keep the combination for a day or two in case you have further questions.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi

I have my old Roxio 6 on my pc. Can I load Roxio 11 on there with it without uninstalling Roxio 6.

Art

Sorry about that, i'm running XP. Roxio 6 is an older version. I didn't really think that there was a separate

group for just Roxio 2012. i would like to use features in both versions. I found that certain features were not

brought forward to the later version.

Art

I honestly don't know. I don't think it should remove Roxio 6 but I can't confirm that. I know 2012 removed my 2011 but kept 2010 (confusing, isn't it).

Maybe someone who has Roxio 6 can confirm that it will allow both to be installed together.

Art,

I guess you're talking about Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and I believe you have a new copy of Creator 2011. Is that right on both counts?

Please confirm that, and also tell me what Operating System you're using.

If you've replied when I get back from town in an hour or so, I'll shift this discussion to the Creator 2011 forum and go try install both suites together and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Paul, I missed that on post #3. It will have to be SP3 eventually, since the new Creators won't run in less.

I'm still waiting to see if he has C2011 or C2012. He posted here, but specifically said "Roxio 11" yet he hinted later at Creator 2012. :huh:

Since it's going to take quite a while to install both and then test everything for interactions, I'm not too keen on doing it all for Creator 2011 AND Creator 2012 just to cover both possibilities.

Brendon

Art,

I guess you're talking about Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and I believe you have a new copy of Creator 2011. Is that right on both counts?

Please confirm that, and also tell me what Operating System you're using.

If you've replied when I get back from town in an hour or so, I'll shift this discussion to the Creator 2011 forum and go try install both suites together and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon,

I have Easy Creator 6 and someone gave me Creator 2011, I have looked at Creator 2011 on another PC and I see that

there are features that I like and some that are not there that Creator 6 has.

I am using a Dell E310 with XP with SP3. I would like to be able to use features of both versions. Some of the features of

Easy Creator 6 are easy.

Art

I'd be concerned about one thing - we do know that running IE7 and also later versions of Windows Media Player did knock out some of the older programs (EMC 7 springs to mind) but I'm not sure if ECD 6 suffered the same problem with those

I'd be concerned about one thing - we do know that running IE7 and also later versions of Windows Media Player did knock out some of the older programs (EMC 7 springs to mind) but I'm not sure if ECD 6 suffered the same problem with those

Thanks Daithi.

If you try it, let me know what you find, please.

Brendon

Archived