• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Any Worthwhile Changes From Creator 2010?

SeaLevel

Question

7 answers to this question

I meant beneficial, but I will take your response as a no. Thanks.

The response doesn't answer the question. There are a few changes you might be interested in?

•  
  • Remove noise from analog or digital recordings
  • Solve most simple noise problems with the Learn Noise button
  • Powerful fine tuning offers even better sound results
  • Remove hiss, room noise, rumble, electrical hum & other background noise from most digital media files

I don't need you to define "worthwhile" because I think I understand what worthwhile in the context you meant means ;)

Of course "Audacity" is also a worthwhile tool to use for your project and it's free.

Jinker

The response doesn't answer the question. There are a few changes you might be interested in?

• Remove noise from analog or digital recordings
  • Solve most simple noise problems with the Learn Noise button
  • Powerful fine tuning offers even better sound results
  • Remove hiss, room noise, rumble, electrical hum & other background noise from most digital media files

I don't need you to define "worthwhile" because I think I understand what worthwhile in the context you meant means ;)

Of course "Audacity" is also a worthwhile tool to use for your project and it's free.

Jinker

Jinker, Are you talking about the Sound Soap application that came with several versions of the Pro version of Roxio? That list of improvements look an awful like what Bias (Sound Soap) advertises.

The Pro version of Creator 2012 comes with a different audio cleaner. I don't see Sound Soap mentioned.

We all sometimes get confused with the versions and what is included in the standard and the Pro versions.

post-58-093204700 1315137727.jpg

Are the LPs in relatively good condition?

Some are in good shape, but others... not so much.

I tried iZotope on a couple of LPs that aren't in good shape, and it did a pretty good job of cleaning up the crackle and pop. For those I used the record feature in iZotope, and then the clean up and enhance tools. I saved the file and then drag and dropped it into the Digitize LPs and Tapes program, which I find much easier to use when it comes to separating the tracks than Sound Editor. After separating the tracks and entering the tags, I export them as MP3s. I'm not making CDs out of them.

If the LP is in good shape I can just do the whole thing in the Digitize LPs and Tapes program.

Jinker, Are you talking about the Sound Soap application that came with several versions of the Pro version of Roxio? That list of improvements look an awful like what Bias (Sound Soap) advertises.

The Pro version of Creator 2012 comes with a different audio cleaner. I don't see Sound Soap mentioned.

We all sometimes get confused with the versions and what is included in the standard and the Pro versions.

Unfortunately, iZotope isn't integrated with the Roxio software. It's a totally separate program, so it requires additional steps to get the job done.

Unfortunately, iZotope isn't integrated with the Roxio software. It's a totally separate program, so it requires additional steps to get the job done.

So was Sound Soap.

Are the LPs in relatively good condition? What not use the audio cleaner in Sound Editor? That works well but not quite as good as Sound Soap. I have not tried iZotope. The advantage of using Sound Editor is that you can adjust the location of the track separators if they are not quite right when they are generated.

I just did three old LP and it was a breeze. Is this about the same procedure you are using?

1) Use capture from 'Sound Card" and copy the entire LP; pause the recording when the LP was turned over so that the LP is captured as one file.

2) Opened Sound Soap and clean that one audio file and save that under a different name but one that is descriptive of the Album.

3) Open Sound Editor (Edit Audio) and add that file. Cut out the silence and needle drop noise at the beginning of the file, the section where the LP was turned over and the silence as the needle lifted.

4) Selected to use the automatic track detection and select options (number of tracks and noise between tracks).

5) Go through the wave form from beginning to end to 1) Delete a track marker if it was added incorrectly or 2) Move the track marker since the track detection is not always exactly correctly placed.

6) Double check the track listing to see if the track length was close to the track length on the album cover. This is a good double check to make sure there is the correct number of tracks and the length of the track is correct.

7) Select to export the tracks to a new file. Select to maximize the volume of the tracks.

8) Select to edit audio tags. Add in as much information as you can by selecting all of the tracks. You can add in the album name, the artist name, the year, etc. Don't add in the track name but do the automatic search for the name.

9) If the tracks are correct, select to use the audio tags; if they are not correct, select the first track and deselect the tag information. What you tried in should still be there. Just add the name of the track from the album.

10 ) Close that and finish the export if you want to make compilations or just select burn disc from Sound Editor. Make sure you select disc options to add the CD text and to name the Album and Artist(s).

12) Burn the disc.

11) Use whatever labeler you want to label the cd. Most of them will allow you to auto-fill from disc.

Hint; that may save some time. Search the web for that album. You can usually find a track listing even for old LPs. Copy and paste the track names in that section when you are editing the tags. Usually albums have about a dozen cuts so that is not that difficult to do and will get around any potential typos.

I'm sure that is more than you do now but I found it the best way of avoiding having to do something over again. You do want the CDs to be as good as possible don't you? :rolleyes:

Archived