Chukky

Blu-Ray Plug-In

Question

Just downloaded the Blu-Ray and additional Styles plug-in for $19.99. When I run it to install, it comes back with the following error:

"Setup cannot find a valid version of this software to upgrade. Please make sure that you are using the correct upgrade version."

I have already installed Creator 2012 Pro and it works fine.

11 answers to this question

Are you referring to this one?

post-39730-005019600 1315051261.jpg

Actually the Pro already does all of that and includes 6 HD Menu Backgrounds <_<

You are really only picking up 14 new backgounds ~ or 20 if the included 6 aren't duplicated ;)

Still, it should WORK!!!

Your best bet would be to talk to Customer Care: 877-793-7471 normal business hours, Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST (North America only), about the Product and they can connect you with Tech Support for install problems.

Let us know how you make out!

Yes that is it. Thanks for providing the support number. I called them and they said that the new 2012 plug-in will not allow you to playback Blu-ray and they refunded my money. I installed the 2011 plug-in and it works with 2012 Pro.

There are two different plugins for BluRay.

1. BluRay authoring (PRO version includes this)

2. BluRay playback (Discontinued for 2012 although if you have it installed from 2011 it should not remove it)

Actually Du, it DOES uninstall it, but it can be added back as a standalone (it goes into a separate folder)

There are two different plugins for BluRay.

1. BluRay authoring (PRO version includes this)

2. BluRay playback (Discontinued for 2012 although if you have it installed from 2011 it should not remove it)

Wait a minute. What does Discontinued, in 2. mean?

Product Management's decision to no longer support BluRay Playback in future products of Creator/Cineplayer.

Wait a minute. What does Discontinued, in 2. mean?

Product Management's decision to no longer support BluRay Playback in future products of Creator/Cineplayer.

Thanks for the heads up, Du.

Being a fan of HD video playback and thus a fan of blu-ray, I find this news disappointing.

Edited by rich86

You can still use the 2011 Blu-Ray Rich - it just installs as a standalone

The problem seems to be a very slow uptake on blu-ray overall - it just isn't catching on in a commercial sense as very few people are buying the movies (not to mention that the studios aren't really putting out anything WORTH buying)

You can still use the 2011 Blu-Ray Rich - it just installs as a standalone

The problem seems to be a very slow uptake on blu-ray overall - it just isn't catching on in a commercial sense as very few people are buying the movies (not to mention that the studios aren't really putting out anything WORTH buying)

You can use it for Creator 2012, but what about future versions? The disappointment is the direction that Soxio is taking for the future.