• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Dvd To Hard Drive

jamesthegiantkiller

Question

6 answers to this question

i want to watch my movies on my laptop i have roxio creator 2011 can i do this with this software. i have other dvd copying software that work great but i can not figure this out. help... thanks

Please be more specific when you say "my movies" I assume that you are talking about purchased DVDs. Is that correct?

Use Copy and Convert Video (if the videos are no DRM protected.) to create a video file of your choice.

Most new DVD come with the disc and the ability to create a digital version on your computer. Did you try that

thank you for reply. when i say my movies i mean dvd that have been purchased or given to me. i can see already that roxio has a bad problem copying videos it thinks are protected. thats a bug as far as i am concerned. it is not up to the machine to determine legality or rights.that aside my basic problem is a simple how to instruction. when i follow the instructions on you gave it keeps asking for me to insert a blank disc.i do not want to burn i want to store movies in my hard drive and watch them later. if you have any more advice it would be great the instruction manuals on line keep talking through the burn protocol, i am not interested in burning just storing to watch later. thanks for you're help!

thank you for reply. when i say my movies i mean dvd that have been purchased or given to me. i can see already that roxio has a bad problem copying videos it thinks are protected. thats a bug as far as i am concerned. it is not up to the machine to determine legality or rights.that aside my basic problem is a simple how to instruction. when i follow the instructions on you gave it keeps asking for me to insert a blank disc.i do not want to burn i want to store movies in my hard drive and watch them later. if you have any more advice it would be great the instruction manuals on line keep talking through the burn protocol, i am not interested in burning just storing to watch later. thanks for you're help!

I'm not going to get into a discussion re; DRM. The only people that like it are the studios and the artists. You just have to live with it when using this software.

Read this. It is from the newer Creator 2012 but I think it may be the same for Creator 2011 (and Creator 2010). I'm sure someone will correct me. Go to the Learning Center at the bottom of the Home page and look for the tutorial on Copy and Convert Video.

I would copy the disc to an ISO file on your hard drive and then use VLC free player to play them. You could also mount a virtual drive in Creator and load the ISO file into it and play it with CinePlayer or VLC.

I'm not going to get into a discussion re; DRM. The only people that like it are the studios and the artists. You just have to live with it when using this software.

Read this. It is from the newer Creator 2012 but I think it may be the same for Creator 2011 (and Creator 2010). I'm sure someone will correct me. Go to the Learning Center at the bottom of the Home page and look for the tutorial on Copy and Convert Video.

I would copy the disc to an ISO file on your hard drive and then use VLC free player to play them. You could also mount a virtual drive in Creator and load the ISO file into it and play it with CinePlayer or VLC.

I have the very same question: Copy the dvd movie onto my hdd in a format that I can play back on the computer in say Windiow Media Player. Of course since I have Roxio Creator2011, including Cineplayer, that would be fine.

I can't follow the instructions in 'Read this' above because mine doesn't show the same window as the instructions.

I do have a .ISO file on my computer from a previous burn, but Cineplayer won't play it. Neither will WMP.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just copy a movie to the hdd and then play it on the computer monitor and hear the audio in a media player??? Sounds good to me, but just how to do it.

Thanks. Bill

Archived