• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Running creator 2011 pro, my system is a fresh loaded Win 7 pro. I have no trouble making a dvd out of my pictures but when I play the dvd all the pictures have the head cut off. Top of picture is gone. Doesn't seem to matter what size the picture is when I make the dvd. I appreciate any help. thank you

15 answers to this question

System Information report written at: 09/05/11 18:25:12

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model EP35-DS3L

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F4, 4/2/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.11 GB

Total Virtual Memory 6.50 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.15 GB

Page File Space 3.25 GB

Edited by Thor (bring on the thunder)

You say you're making a DVD of your pictures and playing it. Are you simply copying your pictures onto a DVD and then putting it into a set top DVD player, or are you putting together a slideshow of your pictures and creating a DVD movie slide show using VideoWave and MyDVD?

In either case, it sounds like you're TV is a conventional "tube" type TV, and not a flat panel LCD style TV? Then you're seeing how much of the displayable image falls out of the "TV Safe Zone", or overscan area of the TV. If you start up VideoWave and add some of your pictures, to it, then select "View -> TV Safe Zone". Video Wave will put up a yellow and black checked grid that indicates how much of your image won't display on a conventional CRT TV.

post-61-051609600 1315273053.jpg

So you need to put a border around your pictures so the entire picture is inside the the TV Safe Zone. (There are some tools that help automate the job, but I don't have their names handy. You should be able to do some searching in these forums to find them.)

Hope that helps!

I have a 52 inch samsung LED also have some smaller ones they are lcd and all cut off the top. I also play them through a bose home theater system also have the new samsung blu ray they all play the same way. even went to a friends and same story. Guess I'll get batch cropper and go to work.

thanks for all your help guys

Thor, you never answered the other part of the question. What sort of disc did you create? Is it just a Data DVD with your pictures on it, or did you create a DVD slide show movie?

Since you're using a flat screen TV, then a DVD slide show movie should not be cutting off the tops of the pictures and you shouldn't have to worry about the TV Safe Area and recropping your pictures.

What type of picture files? .JPG What is the source? (Make/model of camera.) What size picture (pixel dimensions) have you tried?

Let us know.

It will especially if the images being cut off are taken in portrait rather than landscape. Modern TV still have some remnants of overscan but it is now more like 2-5 % rather than the 15% previously.

You won't see it if you play the DVD to a computer monitor.

Edited by sknis

I made the dvd in my DVD. I edeted and added music and transitions

I just though of another possibility, did you check the settings on your TV and DVD player. I know mine has the ability to play 16 by 9 or to streatch to fit the screen or to zoom in. You may not notice it while watching TV or commercial video but you may see it here.

How do I get my THOR man to come up with my name when I post.

That's an avatar and must be 90 by 90 pixels or smaller. Go to MySettings then the Profile Tab. You will see Change Avatar" on the left.

I think that it will reduce you inage somewhat but I don

t know how much.

the pictures were all jpg. They came from different cameras, 7mp 9mp 14mp doesn't seem to matter which camera the pic came from. all were lansdscape

All landscaped? Then I would look at my TV and DVD player settings. I know you went to a friends house and tried it there.

How much of the picture is cut off?

Edited by sknis

Hard to tell you how much picture is missing but most the sky would be gone, if you had a person full frame the forehead would be gone. I went and bought that program that takes care of the problem. Image croper the program works. I actually like a frame arouind the pictures. You can use it free but got tired of popup. I don't mind buying a program that works.

Also I can't put my thor man in as avitar because there is no place to brouse and my thor is on my computer. I thank you guy's for all your helppost-36139-027281600 1315404777.gif

At the top of the page, go to my settings, then profile and on the left 'change photo'