Big_Dave

Memory Information ---- Total And Total Available

Question

I noticed that Video Copy and Convert is not reporting the amount of memory correctly under Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. This still is an old bug.:angry2:

Total Memory 6 GB

Total Available Memory 6GB

I would expect the above to be correct under Windows 7 64 bit but not 32 bit. Even Task Manager doesn't show those numbers. The Total Memory is correct for the amount on physical memory installed. The Total Available Memory is not possible with a 32 bit operating system. Some amount around 3.5 GB depending on the PC and video card would be accurate.

14 answers to this question

Looks pretty good to me Dave...

post-39730-007844800 1315524973.jpg

post-39730-055669700 1315524975.jpg

That is what you were asking about? :huh:

I think Dave is referring to system memory not disc space.:mellow:

I don't know where he sees this memory info in VCC though:unsure:

Edited by myguggi

A 32 bit oS can only see (and handle) 3.5 GB max - it's one of those things.

If you are using over 4 GB, you need to change to 64 bit to access the remainder

Hi,

I would give you an image of what I am seeing with W7 but the Roxio board restrictions are horrible. End of rant.

I run multiple OSs on my PCs so I do have more than 4 GB on then (expect for the laptops). W7 64 bit is my normal OS but I do test under W7 32 bit.

So if you have a PC or laptop and have more than 4 GB and happen to boot up a 32 bit OS then you will see issue.

Launch Video Copy and Convert ------>Help Tab then About------->System Information

Dathi,

Yes more than 4 GB is useless on a 32 bit OS but I also test software on a 32 bit OS. Don't you?

Hi,

I would give you an image of what I am seeing with W7 but the Roxio board restrictions are horrible. End of rant.

I run multiple OSs on my PCs so I do have more than 4 GB on then (expect for the laptops). W7 64 bit is my normal OS but I do test under W7 32 bit.

So if you have a PC or laptop and have more than 4 GB and happen to boot up a 32 bit OS then you will see issue.

Launch Video Copy and Convert ------>Help Tab then About------->System Information

Dathi,

Yes more than 4 GB is useless on a 32 bit OS but I also test software on a 32 bit OS. Don't you?

What problems are you having attaching a screenshot? What restrictions are you talking about?

post-208-094107100 1315570069.jpg

Gentlemen,

The below posted images were taken on my custom PC that has 8 GB of physical memory installed. The first image with the red arrows was taken under Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. The second image was taken under Windows 7 Pro 64 32 bit. Hopefully these images will better explain what I tried to explain above.

post-26865-032309700 1315579077.jpg

post-26865-056561200 1315579086.jpg

Edited by Big_Dave

Jim,

Which PC do you need it for?

As indicate in the images below, memory management with the 32 bit OS is much different than a 64 bit OS. Nevertheless, I don't know why Roxio is reporting 6 GB as indicated in the above posted images for the 32 bit OS.:huh:

post-26865-079374800 1315586068.jpg

post-26865-033010100 1315586092.jpg

Edited by Big_Dave

Jim,

Which PC do you need it for?

As indicate in the images below, memory management with the 32 bit OS is much different than a 64 bit OS. Nevertheless, I don't know why Roxio is reporting 6 GB as indicated in the above posted images for the 32 bit OS.:huh:

Hi Big_Dave,

Possibly the editor reporting real memory + virtual memory amount.

Usually in the Windows 7 the virtual memory is same amount of real memory. Check this.

Claudio

Hi Cauptain,

It's more than just a "virtual" memory reporting error. The amount of memory with 32 bit is being incorrectly reported whether it's "virtual" or real. Even the memory with 64 bit needs clarification.