• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding Menu

analee

Question

I am trying to "burn" my finished video project to dvd and after going through all the steps (computer lists) I get the message could not complete error 8004520c. I tried everything the hints gave but nothing works. also tried saving as an .iso and using the copy/burn it burned to the dvd can can play on the computer but no menus (I worked really hard getting in what I wanted) and will not play on a DVD player. Also the fact that I can get no help from Roxio either on the week ends or evenings just adds to my frustration. Very disappointed in what I thought was a great software program

4 answers to this question

I am trying to "burn" my finished video project to dvd and after going through all the steps (computer lists) I get the message could not complete error 8004520c. I tried everything the hints gave but nothing works. also tried saving as an .iso and using the copy/burn it burned to the dvd can can play on the computer but no menus (I worked really hard getting in what I wanted) and will not play on a DVD player. Also the fact that I can get no help from Roxio either on the week ends or evenings just adds to my frustration. Very disappointed in what I thought was a great software program

Not much information about your project to work with in your post.

How long in time is your project? What kind of project is it? Are you using photos, videos, audio, transitions, etc?

What program are you using to burn to DVD? What burn quality setting are you using?

Does everything work when you run the preview?

What are your system specs?

Please provide some details on the steps you are taking. "burn" my finished video project to dvd and after going through all the steps (computer lists) does not tell us very much

The first and simplest thing to try is to defrag your hard drive; when was the last time you did that?

Actually, you should 1) Get rid of all those old programs you never use, 2) clean your hard drive of junk and TMP and TEMP files and 3) Defrag your hard drive. Go here for some free tools.

Did you make your video project in "Edit Video -Advanced". If so , open the project and output/export the project to a mpg2 for DVD best quality file. If you are making blu-wav or AVCHD, export to that format. If the encoding stops, there is probably a glitch in the project. You will have to look for it. Check the timeline where the encoding stops.

Add the encoded mpg2 file to Create DVD rather then the projects. It will not be re-encoded. Make sure that you have selected the high quality setting.

How much time are you trying to get onto a single sided disc? Only one hour at the best quality is the guideline; not will fit but the quality will drop significantly.

It would also be great if you put your computer information in your signature. Go to the top of this page and then select "My Settings" when the next Windows opens, select the "Profile" tab and then look down the list for "Change Signature" Put in what you see that others have in their signature or just the complete Make and Model number (all the numbers and letters). You signature will show up in this post and all the others where you may have a question.

project is 1 hr.48 min has all photo, video and transition as well as submenu. Operating windows 7, Dell 8300 desktop, plenty of power and space, the problem is just with the submenu items message reads could not encode menu or record

You did not answer most of my questions.

Your project is too long in time if you are burning to a standard 4.7GB DVD. It can hold only 60 minutes of video at the best quality setting. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

Are you using the "Fit to disc" quality setting when burning? If yes then that is the worst option to chose and will often mess with your menu.

Archived