compsos

MyDVD - Do not want menu

Question

I have an MPEG I created using Videowave (VW). I then Burned this as an ISO image using MyDVD. I then used Disc Copier to burn ISO image to my DVD disc. However, I cannot figure out how to eliminate the "My Menu" within MyDVD. I want my DVD to open with the first panel I added in VW, I do not want menus.

When I did my small test file, I was in VW, then Burned to MY DVD Express" and was able to "Burn DVD without menus" there. Now I am doing the ISO method and do not seem to have that option.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

I have an MPEG I created using Videowave (VW). I then Burned this as an ISO image using MyDVD. I then used Disc Copier to burn ISO image to my DVD disc. However, I cannot figure out how to eliminate the "My Menu" within MyDVD. I want my DVD to open with the first panel I added in VW, I do not want menus.

When I did my small test file, I was in VW, then Burned to MY DVD Express" and was able to "Burn DVD without menus" there. Now I am doing the ISO method and do not seem to have that option.

Thanks!

In Disc Copier, click on "Video Compilation (left screen), navigate to the iso file and select only the movie(s) you want to add. I don't know what the navigaton result is but it probly means that one show places after the other. Try it with a RW disc first.

In MyDVD8 there is a drop down menu where you can choose "no menu".

I opened MyDVD8 and I have the default "My Menu" showing. If I go to DVDMenu>Delete menu I get message "cannot delete root menu". I am not finding the "no menu" on the drop down. I do in DVDExpress fine "DVD without menus".

Where exactly do you mean? Thanks

Just add the video as an intro movie.

That way the video will play through, and then end on a menu selection where you can set it up to play again.

mark

I have the same basic question. I want to make a dvd movie autoplay with no menu. Seems a simple thing but I can find no way to do it. The suggestions so far do not seem to work. The problem may be that the movie I want to record is an edited movie (type .dmsm from the VideoWave of Creator8).

I cannot use Photomarks solution since the Add intro movie does not support the .dmsm movie type.

I cannot delete the menu because I get the "cannot delete root menu" message as Compsos said.

If I go directly to MyDVD8 and select New project/DVD- no menu and then try to add the movie then system hangs (turns totally unresponsive until I finally bring up Task Manager which shows the program as "not responding" and I tell it to end the task).

Anyone know how to fix this?

If I go directly to MyDVD8 and select New project/DVD- no menu and then try to add the movie then system hangs (turns totally unresponsive until I finally bring up Task Manager which shows the program as "not responding" and I tell it to end the task).

Anyone know how to fix this?

Try this fix I was having the same problem with the system hanging up and it worked for me.

Thanks!

In Creator 2011, if you want to burn a DVD without a menu, please open Create DVD's, click on File Tab > New project, select DVD without menu and open the save production Then

In Creator 2011, if you want to burn a DVD without a menu, please open Create DVD's, click on File Tab > New project, select DVD without menu and open the save production Then

Not only that you're responding to a more than 4-year old thread, you're also providing suggestion on Creator 2011 when the thread is discussing EMC 8. :o