• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Can't Capture Ps2

Buuhan1

Question

I just got my Roxio game capture. I've tested my PS3 and PSP and they work just fine, however when I try the PS2 I get constant disconnects and blank screens, and when it finally does get a picture it is a jumbled mess. The component cable is the same I use on the PS3 so that's not the reason. The Roxio Capture Device is suppose to capture any and all consoles that can use component, so why isn't it capturing my PS2?

11 answers to this question

I found the solution just by poking around, I'll post it here for others with the problem. This is for Adobe Flash Media Encoder, I'm not sure how you'd do it in the regular Roxio software.

- Click the wrench icon in the video area. (next to where it says "Roxio GAMECAP Capture")

- Click the tab that says "Crossbar."

- Under "Input" click the drop-down box. (it should read "Video SerialDigital In" at the moment)

- Select "Video YRYBY In", now click "OK".

There ya go, you can now capture the PS2 console. Just keep in mind all other consoles do not appear correctly with Roxio in this setting, just like how the PS2 didn't with the SerialDigital setting. You'll need to change this setting manually depending on what console you want to capture.

I just got my Roxio game capture. I've tested my PS3 and PSP and they work just fine, however when I try the PS2 I get constant disconnects and blank screens, and when it finally does get a picture it is a jumbled mess. The component cable is the same I use on the PS3 so that's not the reason. The Roxio Capture Device is suppose to capture any and all consoles that can use component, so why isn't it capturing my PS2?

Hi Buuhan1,

For record PS2, select 640x480 resolution in driver. In PS2 select Fullview (not 4:3 or 16:9).

If thi problem on RGC software, use AMARECTV or VIRTUALDUB to record.

Try & reply.

Claudio

I tried all of what you suggested and the problem was not solved.

Strange because I record fine my PS2 games on RGC. Remember, PS2 is only interlaced video. Some games has option 16/9 or progressive.

In my tests, Virtualdub and AmarecTv work for all Ps2 game options (NTSC, PAL, 16:9, Progressive).

Your component output from PS2 is good??

Claudio

I found the solution just by poking around, I'll post it here for others with the problem. This is for Adobe Flash Media Encoder, I'm not sure how you'd do it in the regular Roxio software.

- Click the wrench icon in the video area. (next to where it says "Roxio GAMECAP Capture")

- Under "Input" click the drop-down box. (it should read "Video SerialDigital In" at the moment)

There ya go, you can now capture the PS2 console. Just keep in mind all other consoles do not appear correctly with Roxio in this setting, just like how the PS2 didn't with the SerialDigital setting. You'll need to change this setting manually depending on what console you want to capture.

Strange because I record fine my PS2 games on RGC. Remember, PS2 is only interlaced video.

All interlaced video input different from 1080i is YRYB. Its is normal in RGC with PS3, X360 or any interlaced video. In RGC software only select 480i or 576i option. will work.

dFk9t.jpg

For this reason I asked if you had tested in Virtualdub or amarecTV.

Claudio

How's the quality in Adobe Flash Media Encoder? I get an alright quality picture using PowerDirector, but it's not as good as the RGC quality, but atleast it's in the proper format.

Also, can you capture PS1 game footage played on your PS2? I've tried throught RGC and PowerDirector but after the game credits all I get is a black screen.

How's the quality in Adobe Flash Media Encoder? I get an alright quality picture using PowerDirector, but it's not as good as the RGC quality, but atleast it's in the proper format.

Also, can you capture PS1 game footage played on your PS2? I've tried throught RGC and PowerDirector but after the game credits all I get is a black screen.

In quality order: VIRTUALDUB + AMARECTV ===> POWER DIRECTOR => RGC.

With Virtualdub or amarecTV I record PSS via PS3 normally. Try it.

Claudio

Archived