Conflicts Found During Rox 2012 Pro Installatiom

Bill Shenefelt

Question

Roxio 2012 pro installation wants to remove:RBVirtualFolder64Inst 1.0 and

DirectX 9 Runtime 1.0 as it says tehy conflict with roxio pro 2012

I just bought a brand new computer with win 7 64 bit and am very hesitant about letting the roxio installation remove these since I do not know what they were there to support. Not yet being acquaointed with win 7 or 64 bit op system I don't even know ow to research this. If I let roxio remove these what may stop working? How would I recover them if something does go wrong?

6 answers to this question

Roxio 2012 pro installation wants to remove:RBVirtualFolder64Inst 1.0 and

DirectX 9 Runtime 1.0 as it says tehy conflict with roxio pro 2012

I just bought a brand new computer with win 7 64 bit and am very hesitant about letting the roxio installation remove these since I do not know what they were there to support. Not yet being acquaointed with win 7 or 64 bit op system I don't even know ow to research this. If I let roxio remove these what may stop working? How would I recover them if something does go wrong?

It needs to install it own versions.

Thanks jim but I'm not sure if system restore will restore stuff other than just system files. If these to be removed items are in support of another program, maybe loaded by dell or by windows 7, sysstm restore probably won't fix anything.

In xp usually when I tried a system restore it typically responded "No changes to your systm were detected" so it fixed nothing!

Win7 IS NOT XP...

You are making far too much out of this.

I have probabley done 15 installs of 2012 by now on various machines and OS's. I have never seen a problem nor has anyone else in the 2+ weeks it has been out.

Of course it is Your computer and ultimately Your decision ;)

No hard feelings, no matter which way you go with it :)

Archived