Big_Dave

Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8)

Hi Everyone,

Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8) is available for download here. I downloaded the 64 bit iso file. The download time was less than 30 minutes for me.

The install process going to a SATA II 2.5 external hard drive had three reboots until I got the desktop. Total time was 17 minutes. The install was on my DIY PC.

This developer preview is acutally prebeta Windows 8.

The included browser is IE 10. I had to use the compatibility function for this forum.

Shutdown was very slow. I didn't time it but 45 seconds seems about right. I have some yellow exclamanation points in Device Manager so I do have some drivers to install.

Dave

Edited by Big_Dave

I'm glad I stumbled onto this. But, I can't check it out on this machine. I'll have to wait until my main computer is repaired. For now, I've saved the link.

Thanks for sharing though! good.gif

can you provide a link fo windows 8 developers preview please ? i want ot give it a shot on my machine. vbwink.png

Blue (here) text in the first post IS a link.

can you provide a link fo windows 8 developers preview please ? i want ot give it a shot on my machine. vbwink.png

Click on the word "here" (colored blue) in the first post of this thread.

I've been planning to take a look at this but just can't seem to get excited about it. One never knows but even if it turns out to be good, I'm of the feeling it's going to be a hard sell. They want way too much for their OS's and just about every other one is a bust.

Still, they seem to be aiming it at what the majority of young folks want and that's handheld devices. I happen to like my big, hunkin' puter.

I've been planning to take a look at this but just can't seem to get excited about it. One never knows but even if it turns out to be good, I'm of the feeling it's going to be a hard sell. They want way too much for their OS's and just about every other one is a bust.

Still, they seem to be aiming it at what the majority of young folks want and that's handheld devices. I happen to like my big, hunkin' puter.

Me too Paul---Especially when you can look at a big "HUNKIN'" monitor instead of one you have to have a magnifying glass to see :lol::lol:

Frank...

I've played with it and I will NOT be 'upgrading' to something that looks like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to mouse click all over the screen to emulate a touch screen

Thanks MS but no thanks

Anyway as for Windows '8' - would you believe Windows 6.2? (open a command prompt and see what that says)

I have pc with windows 7 too, and will not upgrade too, that windows 8 is better for planchets, but for pc it's completly unnecessary.Will wait until Se7eN sp2 or windows 9.