• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Alarm Too Late

NickD

Question

When ever I try to burn my own BDs I'm trying to search for answers. Some times I succeed and don't. I can't understand why Roxio doesn't fix the very long encoding. Now I know I have 23.33 GBs to work with.I like to take my favorite movies, complete TV shows compress to fit. I will drag maybe as many as nine or more movies, depending on size. If I choose "Custom" it will show only the original size and an alert not enough disk space. if I pick " Automatic" the compress amount shows. Then the "Encoding bar appears and takes hours to reach the end. any where from 12,15, 24 hours. and when it just about finishes. a message then tells me not enough disk space even though the bottom of the Toast BD screen says under 23.22 GBs. It's like the fire alarm goes off after the house burns down. How about an alert before all that encoding.

3 answers to this question

Try choosing Save as Disc Image. There shouldn't be any problem even if the disc image is too big. If it does turn out to be too big you can simply remove one of the programs from the Toast window and then go ahead with burning the disc. Toast will multiplex rather than encode the video that is already encoded in the Roxio Converted Items folder. If the disc image isn't too big then burn it to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Try choosing Save as Disc Image. There shouldn't be any problem even if the disc image is too big. If it does turn out to be too big you can simply remove one of the programs from the Toast window and then go ahead with burning the disc. Toast will multiplex rather than encode the video that is already encoded in the Roxio Converted Items folder. If the disc image isn't too big then burn it to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

yes, I have tried that. It seems that toast will not accept my compressed version. Even though the bar shows under 23.33GBs it still shouts"Too Large!"

yes, I have tried that. It seems that toast will not accept my compressed version. Even though the bar shows under 23.33GBs it still shouts"Too Large!"

So Toast is creating a 23.33 GB disc image? How many hours of content does it contain? What is the resolution and format of the source videos? Is Toast creating MPEG 4 or MPEG 2 videos from the source?

Archived