• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emailing Html Photos With Outlook 2010

ralphp

Question

I have been trying to download photos using the email function in Creator 2012 set at HTML with no luck. I'm using Outlook 2010 and it looks like it works but the photos never download to the email. I checked my Outlook security features and they are set to download any pictures. I am using windows 7. By the way, this feature still works with Creator 2010. Does anybody know what could have changed? Or have any suggestions to try? Thank you.

19 answers to this question

Hi cd,

I would like to make a note to you that Photosuite application is not available in the latest version Creator 2012. I know this is not the news which you want to hear from us at the moment but unfortunately, the feature you are trying to use is unavailable.

I don't think thaat the person understood your particular question and obviously was reading the wrong page in the manual ! :unsure: The other people who responded are going to try out the e-mail application so you should have some feedback on that.

I did some testing and found out it never worked in Creator 2011 either and I tested it against Outlook 2000 as well as Outlook 2010 :(

2010:

post-39730-082770300 1316950328.jpg

2011:

post-39730-022994100 1316950331.jpg

2012:

post-39730-030800500 1316950342.jpg

(kind of reflects the popularity of this feature in that it has been gone for over a year and only One person has missed it :lol: )

Nevertheless, I will do some more checking, but for now there are 2 alternatives...

Plan B:

post-39730-036507700 1316950334.jpg

(consisting of adding them as Attachments)

Plan C

post-39730-038742600 1316950339.jpg

(resizing them in Roxio then adding the smaller ones to the body of your Email Message)

Ralph: thanks for bringing this up! ;)

UPDATE: I just got an email from the Roxio Support Group and they said this feature is not available in Creator 2012. Could this be true??? Why would it work in Creator 2010 and not in 2012? It doesn't make sense that they would deactivate it? Roxio even sets the default to sending pictures using HTML? Has anybody ever had any luck in emailing pictures with Outlook 2010 using HTML? If this is true, then I'm returning Creator 2012 and sticking with the 2010 version.

UPDATE: I just got an email from the Roxio Support Group and they said this feature is not available in Creator 2012. Could this be true??? Why would it work in Creator 2010 and not in 2012? It doesn't make sense that they would deactivate it? Roxio even sets the default to sending pictures using HTML? Has anybody ever had any luck in emailing pictures with Outlook 2010 using HTML? If this is true, then I'm returning Creator 2012 and sticking with the 2010 version.

I have been working with Roxio Support for the last 3 weeks...have uninstalled reinstalled, turned of all Outlook 2010 security settings, tried Outlook in safe mode, done a Roxio repair, all to no success. Last thread was requesting me to uninstall .NET Framework. Haven't done this as it seems to be an invasive action and not sure of the ramifications on other apps.

UPDATE: I just got an email from the Roxio Support Group and they said this feature is not available in Creator 2012. Could this be true???

Yes it could be true, and if Roxio Support said this was the case then it most probably IS true.

Many features get tried in new versions, and get dropped again if they're not popular or they're too difficult to keep supporting.

Jim,

Thank you so much for doing all those test cases, :) I really appreciate all the effort you put on this, much more than I can say for The Roxio Tech Support that are suppose to be getting paid for solving these problems and making their product better!!! :(

I don't think this function gets much notice because people are usually trying to just burn CD's or make DVD's but this is or was a cool little feature inside of Roxio. I send lots of pictures to family and this was a slick little 1 step process in reducing 3MB pictures to fraction of their size for easy emailing of photos embedded right into the message. It's a shame they somehow deactiviated it from what was once working in Creator 2010, :( So for now, I guess I'll just stick with Creator 2010.

Thanks again,

Ralph.

I would hardly consider it a Deal Breaker :huh:

There are workarounds AND you can install 2010 on your PC AFTER you have 2012 installed ;)

It is funny that is didn't work in 2011 and a whole year went by without a single posting here :lol:

But I do agree that it is a handy, one stop, feature if you frequently send picture in your email ;)

I also have Creator 2012 Pro and on my computer the application doesn't seem to see "Windows Live Mail" as the default mail client. It is but there does not seem to be a way of selecting that as the default in this application.

It sees it as 'other' and you don't have office installed with outlook.

Jim has office installed and it sees outlook.

Actually the point is that the first 2 posters claim it is not even in the Suite and one said he was told by Roxio that it is not part of 2012 ~ which it clearly is ;)

Not true, they say it's there and set as default it just doesn't work!

I have been trying to download photos using the email function in Creator 2012 set at HTML with no luck. I'm using Outlook 2010 and it looks like it works but the photos never download to the email.

Does yours actually work? I so, send me a email with photos formatted as HTML please..

Check it didn't end up in your junk folder (that happens sometimes)

You don't understand; action was on the part of Roxio to get back with me. They didn't within the 5 day time frame. So automatically, closes the ticket (and all associated history since 9/1/2011).

Now I am forced to update the ticket every 4 days to keep it open.

You seem to be the one having the difficulty. I simply asked if you had checked your junk mail in case any response from Roxio ended up in that.

If it had, then they responded but as they would have had no response from you, then the ticket is closed.

If you log-in every few days and manually update, that will work as well - but they do need SOME response

Not true, they say it's there and set as default it just doesn't work!

Does yours actually work? I so, send me a email with photos formatted as HTML please..

Hi cd,

You're right on the money. It is loaded in Creator 2012 and looks just like the jpeg Jim included. It just doesn't work with Outlook 2010. It doesn't make sense, they would have the function included but not operational. This function worked perfectly with Creator 2010 and just doesn't make sense why it wouldn't continue to work with Creator 2012. By the way, I am using the Pro version.

Now I'm wondering, if Roxio accidently flipped some switch in the register or something and now their tech staff just can't figure it out????

BTW, Here is the quote I got from Roxio:

"Dear Ralph,

I do understand your concern.

I would like to make a note to you that Photosuite application is not available in the latest version Creator 2012. I know this is not the news which you want to hear from us at the moment but unfortunately, the feature you are trying to use is unavailable.

Thank you. Have a wonderful day!"

Thanks for the update, I have heard nothing... :(

On 10/12/2012 Roxio replied:

We are escalating this issue to our research department for checking on the issue. We will notify you once we get an update on the issue.

Regards,

Cody

Customer Care

On 10/17/2012 Roxio closed my ticket:

Hello

We're just checking in to make sure everything is OK with your recent support incident. We have not heard from you since we sent a response to ticket 5 days ago and wanted to make sure it answered your question. Since we didn't get a follow up from you, the status of your ticket has been changed to "Solved".

If your issue is still unresolved, we are happy to keep troubleshooting your problem. To update your incident:

1. Log into Support

2. Click on View Your Help Ticket History.

3. Click on your ticket number to view the response and update.

Sincerely,

The Roxio Support Team

What Gives? They tell you to wait then they close the ticket. When I attempt to reopen the ticket, they force me to start over with a new ticket!

Archived