Usb Not Recognized?

HollowGogeta

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi all,

This a commom problem. Try other USB ports.

If Desktop, check your power supply (99% change it and solve this problem). If Note/Netbook select High Performance energy profile and conect power supply to use RGC.

Use other USB cable.

Claudio

How can you make a blanket statement not knowing the size of a power supply and you give no direction as to what size it should get changed/replaced with?

Roxio lists no power supply requirement in the system requirements for Roxio Game Capture for consoles.

I can't find any KB Article that points to the power supply when the Usb Device IS Not Recognized.

I think your advice in this matter is not good advice..

Hi cdanteek,

I understand your concern.

But I think the person has a minimum of understanding when talking about changing Powe Supply. There are some tests before that. However it was as I said before: in 99% of problems with error MAL FUNCTION iits a power problem.

However I agree with what you say and I will add a warning about this in my post now and later.

PS: I believe that ROXIO is no longer working on solutions problems for RGC. Note that until now the Sound art had no correct.

Claudio

Hi all,

This a commom problem. Try other USB ports.

If Desktop, check your power supply (99% change it and solve this problem). If Note/Netbook select High Performance energy profile and conect power supply to use RGC.

Use other USB cable.

Claudio

Where do you get the data/facts to make that statement?

Where do you get the data/facts to make that statement?

Hello cdanteek, how do you do man?

Usually when USB is not recognize peripherals, in 99% of cases the problem is at the power supply.

I say this based on nearly 10 years of experience working with PC hardware.

When the USB driver is not recognize a thing, but when the BAD FUNCTION can be sure it's something about the computer power.

USB cable also carries this problem, but I have several SB 2.0 certified cables and some USB 1.0/2.0 capture cards, can be more precise in my diagnosis.

Check other sites/forums that will find the same answer.

Any doubt, reply or send me PM.

WARNING:

Before changing the source as I suggested. Look for a technician and have it tested before.

There is some hardware that can test your PS: Power Supply Tester

Claudio

Yes im also having the same problem, this happend when i accedently pulled my connection out while my device was pluged in so i also need to know how to fix this problem because i cant send this device back from where i orderd it because im the only one in the country who has this device so yes please HELP ROXIO

Claudio

"If Desktop, check your power supply (99% change it and solve this problem)."

Usually when USB is not recognize peripherals, in 99% of cases the problem is at the power supply.

How can you make a blanket statement not knowing the size of a power supply and you give no direction as to what size it should get changed/replaced with?

Roxio lists no power supply requirement in the system requirements for Roxio Game Capture for consoles.

I can't find any KB Article that points to the power supply when the Usb Device IS Not Recognized.

I think your advice in this matter is not good advice..

Archived