No Signal

Richard Williams

Question

I am trying to capture black and white VHS tapes to an Apple Mac pro. After setting up the video link a signal is shown in the box as it should be, but when I press the continue button it switches to a black screen with the word "no signal". Connection must be okay as there is a signal shown in the box. Tracking should be okay as I can play the videos in the normal manner on a TV screen. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

That's curious. I've never tried capturing a B&W video. Does the same thing happen when the video is in color?

Dear tsantee

Thanks for your comment I have managed to record one colour video, so I do assume it's a problem with the back white VHSs. But a Roxyio representative tells me there shouldn't be a problem with recording black-and-white videos, so I don't know what the solution is.

Regards Richard

Dear tsantee

Thanks for your comment I have managed to record one colour video, so I do assume it's a problem with the back white VHSs. But a Roxyio representative tells me there shouldn't be a problem with recording black-and-white videos, so I don't know what the solution is.

Regards Richard

I don't know what to suggest. It may be the Roxio rep is wrong. Have you tried a different VHS player? Was this just a black & white TV program recorded by the VHS deck?

I am trying to capture black and white VHS tapes to an Apple Mac pro. After setting up the video link a signal is shown in the box as it should be, but when I press the continue button it switches to a black screen with the word "no signal". Connection must be okay as there is a signal shown in the box. Tracking should be okay as I can play the videos in the normal manner on a TV screen. Any suggestions?

Some users (on the PC VHS to DVD unit) have had luck using a pass-through. That is....... VCR >> Camcorder or DVD player >> USB device.

It appears that some have problems with B/W and for some it works ok, try the above and see what happens.

Archived