Labeling Of Cd's And Cd Case Books

barry78

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Barry,

I normally don't try to help with applications I don't often use [such as the Roxio labelers] but nobody else has stepped forward so I'll attempt to be of some use to you, rather than leave you floundering. Perhaps we can flounder together?

I gather that you're recording your tracks and getting them into Sound Editor. There you're editing/adding audio tags and exporting to Music Disc Creator. Am I right so far?

From there you're using Tools > Create Disc Labels and Inserts to push the information from the music disc into the Roxio Express Labeler, but the artist name you inserted in the audio tags for each of your tracks hasn't appeared, and you'd like it to do so. Do I have that right?

I installed C2010 and have been poking a stick at this for the past half hour, but I can't see why Music Disc Creator [MDC] doesn't send the artist name as well as the track title to the labeler, or any way I can force it to do this.

When set properly, MDC does write the artist name as CD-text from my audio tags onto the CD I burn, but it doesn't transfer it to either the Express Labeler or the Roxio Label Creator - even when I actually burn a CD and then hit 'Autofill from Disc'.

It seems that these labelers have only one field for 'Artist', and that's for the whole disc. They won't let you assign an Artist to each track. The only way I've been able to produce a disc label or a booklet where the tracks have a variety of artists is to edit each trackname and manually add the artist, like this:

-in screen 2 of the Express Labeler, 'Edit Content' > Track List

-then edit each title to include the artist name e.g. "Songname / Artist [spaces to separate out duration]"

In my attempt I used two tracks named 'One' and 'Two', by artists charlie and george. MDC took both artists off the tags and wrote them on the CD

post-208-052732400 1317022370.jpg

But the Express Labeler and Label Creator both used only the track name in the track list.

post-208-078334100 1317022512.jpg

And the only way I could get the artist name in there was to manually add it to the trackname.

post-208-048692100 1317022586.jpg

Sorry this message is so long, but I hope it explains what I found and what I'm suggesting you might do.

If there's a way to force the labelers to accept individual artist names for each track from the audio tags, I cheerfully invite someone to show us.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

What software are you having trouble with?

Creator 2010 has two labelling programs, the Express Labeler and the Roxio Label Creator. Which one of these are you using?

Please detail what steps you've taken to get to where you are, and how you're trying to put the Artists' names into the program.

Hi Barry,

I normally don't try to help with applications I don't often use [such as the Roxio labelers] but nobody else has stepped forward so I'll attempt to be of some use to you, rather than leave you floundering. Perhaps we can flounder together?

I gather that you're recording your tracks and getting them into Sound Editor. There you're editing/adding audio tags and exporting to Music Disc Creator. Am I right so far?

From there you're using Tools > Create Disc Labels and Inserts to push the information from the music disc into the Roxio Express Labeler, but the artist name you inserted in the audio tags for each of your tracks hasn't appeared, and you'd like it to do so. Do I have that right?

I installed C2010 and have been poking a stick at this for the past half hour, but I can't see why Music Disc Creator [MDC] doesn't send the artist name as well as the track title to the labeler, or any way I can force it to do this.

When set properly, MDC does write the artist name as CD-text from my audio tags onto the CD I burn, but it doesn't transfer it to either the Express Labeler or the Roxio Label Creator - even when I actually burn a CD and then hit 'Autofill from Disc'.

It seems that these labelers have only one field for 'Artist', and that's for the whole disc. They won't let you assign an Artist to each track. The only way I've been able to produce a disc label or a booklet where the tracks have a variety of artists is to edit each trackname and manually add the artist, like this:

-in screen 2 of the Express Labeler, 'Edit Content' > Track List

-then edit each title to include the artist name e.g. "Songname / Artist [spaces to separate out duration]"

In my attempt I used two tracks named 'One' and 'Two', by artists charlie and george. MDC took both artists off the tags and wrote them on the CD

post-208-052732400 1317022370.jpg

But the Express Labeler and Label Creator both used only the track name in the track list.

post-208-078334100 1317022512.jpg

And the only way I could get the artist name in there was to manually add it to the trackname.

post-208-048692100 1317022586.jpg

Sorry this message is so long, but I hope it explains what I found and what I'm suggesting you might do.

If there's a way to force the labelers to accept individual artist names for each track from the audio tags, I cheerfully invite someone to show us.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon

Sorry for the delay in responding and thank you for your time & tips. I found a way to manually copy & paste from the edit audio tags into the edit text field of both Express and Label Creator, although this process is tedious. I eventually decided that putting the artist name in with the song title was the easier way to go. (hope this helps others)

thanks again

Barry

Hello,

What software are you having trouble with?

Creator 2010 has two labelling programs, the Express Labeler and the Roxio Label Creator. Which one of these are you using?

Please detail what steps you've taken to get to where you are, and how you're trying to put the Artists' names into the program.

Hi,Brendon. I am using Roxio Label Creator. I first used Sound Editor to record the tapes then added track separators. Then I have edited the Audio Tags, adding song title and artist. I then transfered it to Music Disk Creator to enable me to fill the cds and burn them. When I print my cd booklet it only prints the song title.

Archived