• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 11 Crashes When Video Files Draged Into It

tandem

Question

I can burn data files fine - but when I drag say a .avi file into video portion of Toast 11 - with latest update

it just crashes -

I am on a new Imac i5 quad core with Lion -

I installed Perian and VLC

any idea - the about says 11.0.4

just driving me cracy

I did delete the Library/app support /roxio dir and the applications toast 11 folder - and re-installed - no cigar same

2 answers to this question

The most common causes for Toast crashes are either the presence of a incompatible third-party codec in the Library>QuickTime folder or a defective file being added to the Toast window. Look to see if there are any third-party codecs other than Perian. If so, temporarily drag them out of the library to see if that changes anything. Also, try starting up the Mac in Safe mode to see if Toast still crashes. Let me know.

The most common causes for Toast crashes are either the presence of a incompatible third-party codec in the Library>QuickTime folder or a defective file being added to the Toast window. Look to see if there are any third-party codecs other than Perian. If so, temporarily drag them out of the library to see if that changes anything. Also, try starting up the Mac in Safe mode to see if Toast still crashes. Let me know.

That worked - I had Flip4mac wmv advanced - export - import and applempeg2codec and appleintermedcodec - I removed all - now I just need to see of I can introduce some back - at least I know now where the problem lies -

Application should not crash - it should come back and say - invalid or not compatible codec

thanx