• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

margarete

How Can I Delete Web Video

Question

I captured a web video with Toast and now I want to delete this web video. How can I do this? I tried to pull the file from the Toast window to my desktop, but it's only duplicated there.

In the finder Toast shows me the file in the privat folder, but I won' t go there to delete the video.

Now: How can I delete the video?

I am running Toast on a MacPro under OSX 10.6.8

Thanks for help and please excuse me for my bad English - it is not my mother language :)

margarete

3 answers to this question

When you control-click on the video in the Web Video panel of the Toast Media Browser you should get a popup that can send you to the video's location in the Finder. Just drag it from that folder to the trash and empty the trash.

Thank you, tsantee, then i will do so. But it is not a good feature, that Toast puts the files in the "private -->var"-folder. Normally this folder is invisible for the user, and there are good reasons for this ;)

It would be much better, if the user could choose a folder for these downloads by default.

I will no longer use the video-download in Toast as long as the downloads are saved in the privat-folder.

Margarete

Thank you for posting this, am going over to my Imac right now to do what you advised. BRB It works thank you.

The Problem was how to remove files that come into the right 'staging area' of the Toast Video editing area from Web Media. the solution:

Step #1 Control click the Videos

Step #2 Select reveal in finder

step #3 Select file in finder, then select 'Move to trash' from the pull down menu ( you can select all of them and send them to the trash all at once)

This is more difficult than it should be. Roxio should have a way of easily "Deleting" selected web content from the 'Staging' area.

Once again thank you.

CharlieOFD Novice user of Roxio Toast