Roxio 11 (Not Pro) Gopro Hd Output

joerocket

Question

I need some advice here... I have been taking some video footage with my gopro hd camera.... and now I have edited my work.. I am ready to export my file so I can upload to youtube and to just have on my harddrive in the best quality... as I look at the options to choose from.. No where in the drop down menu can I select 720P... I have been reading and watching tutorial videos.. and some people are using Divx 720P 60fps... which is what I think im looking for.. but its not in my drop down menu.. but heres the kicker... I dont know how I did it.. but in the past.. I have edited my gopro videos and exported them.. in what format.. i dont remember..and on youtube it shows 720HD.. I dont understand what I am doing wrong. Someone please help....

8 answers to this question

I need some advice here... I have been taking some video footage with my gopro hd camera.... and now I have edited my work.. I am ready to export my file so I can upload to youtube and to just have on my harddrive in the best quality... as I look at the options to choose from.. No where in the drop down menu can I select 720P... I have been reading and watching tutorial videos.. and some people are using Divx 720P 60fps... which is what I think im looking for.. but its not in my drop down menu.. but heres the kicker... I dont know how I did it.. but in the past.. I have edited my gopro videos and exported them.. in what format.. i dont remember..and on youtube it shows 720HD.. I dont understand what I am doing wrong. Someone please help....

Supported YouTube file formats

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744

post-97-015637700 1318285590.jpg

So you are saying that roxio will not let me use my raw 1080P footage edit it on their software and keep it in 1080P? I have to not only export it at 720 x 480 then convert it back to 720P? Im so confused.. Quality has got to be lost somewhere.. Going from 1080 to 480 back to 720? Is there a better way? Better software?

Another question.. why wont VW on roxio converter read the dsdm file? Its roxios file? Its makes you convert it to lower quality...

Edited by joerocket

So you are saying that roxio will not let me use my raw 1080P footage edit it on their software and keep it in 1080P? I have to not only export it at 720 x 480 then convert it back to 720P? Im so confused.. Quality has got to be lost somewhere.. Going from 1080 to 480 back to 720? Is there a better way? Better software?

Another question.. why wont VW on roxio converter read the dsdm file? Its roxios file? Its makes you convert it to lower quality...

When you open VideoWave choose 16.9 production then look at export as, all, again...

The dsdm file is not a video format. It is a roadmap to what you have in the project. There are no videos, music, transitions, etc. Just the instructions for the program so it knows what to use or not use.

What format are you videos? You wanted to upload using DivX, you were told that Creator 2011 does do DivX.

Did you look at the other formats that you can use for You Tube?

Open Video Wave select 16 by 9 for a new project, add your videos and edit them if you wish. Go to Output you can select output to You Tube from there or you can select export and select one of the high definition formats that you want to use. Let the project encode. Use the You Tube up loader to upload the high definition video.

Forget about converting from 1080 to 48 to 720. There was some confusion relating to want to do DivX.

There was a lot of information exchanged in a relatively short period of time. Please re-read everything linearly (by time) so you know what questions were being responded to in what order.

Edited by sknis

So Once I create my new video in 16 x 9 and use original file format to give me my 1080.. i can delete all the other dsdm files that it created right??? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Do you mean dmsm files from Edit Video -Advanced? Create DVD (MyDVD) project files are dmsd. You should not have those unless you were going to make and burn a DVD. I know that the file extensions are confusing but please be careful when you type. You have added a level of uncertainly in what you are actually doing.

There should be only one dmsm file per project. If you did a lot of "save as" then you will have a lot of dmsm files. Yes, they are no longer needed after you have output the video. Remember that the original video was not modified. If you want to go back and correct/adjust anything and you have deleted the dmsm file, then you will be starting from scratch.

Suggestion, keep the last one and/ or the best one just in case. They are small files so they don't take up much space. If you are worried about space, you will have other problems the next time you do a project.

Edit, Just for your information, the project files from Video Copy and Convert are vcpf

Edited by sknis