What Is The Max Length Of Recording If Using Record,edit, Save

imjay21

Question

I would like to convert my tapes and store them on the hard drive in an .MPG format. However, it seems to clip it at a max of ~60 minutes, even if I set the record duration to max (2hr 59 min). There is adequate space on the hard drive to accomodate a large file. Is there any way to increase this so I get the whole tape?

6 answers to this question

I would like to convert my tapes and store them on the hard drive in an .MPG format. However, it seems to clip it at a max of ~60 minutes, even if I set the record duration to max (2hr 59 min). There is adequate space on the hard drive to accomodate a large file. Is there any way to increase this so I get the whole tape?

What version of V2D are you running?

Current version try Record Edit and Save, uncheck the duration and see what happens.

I've captured 1 hour 40 some minutes before.

It looks like I am at Build 201B23A, VHS

If I uncheck the "Set Record Duration" and let the tape run and record to the hard drive, it looks like it captures the most recent ~60 minutes. So even though the record runs for the duration of the tape, it looses anything earlier than ~60 minutes. This happens even if I check "Set Record Duration", set to maximum (2hr 59 min).

Looks like my only option is to break into smaller chunks, which is a real pain as I have a lot of tapes to rip through. I had really hoped I could create single files for every tape.

It looks like I am at Build 201B23A, VHS

If I uncheck the "Set Record Duration" and let the tape run and record to the hard drive, it looks like it captures the most recent ~60 minutes. So even though the record runs for the duration of the tape, it looses anything earlier than ~60 minutes. This happens even if I check "Set Record Duration", set to maximum (2hr 59 min).

Looks like my only option is to break into smaller chunks, which is a real pain as I have a lot of tapes to rip through. I had really hoped I could create single files for every tape.

You might need to run the repair option from the disc.

I'll test it later, have to find that 1hr 40 min VHS.

post-97-055318200 1318430548.jpg

post-97-051457800 1318430552.jpg

OK, I figured it out. Seems that if I minimize the Roxio app while recording, then maximize, the recording resets from that point. So If I start a recording, and don't touch anything, I can rip the entire tape.

That seems like odd behavior.

I'll test that too and post back..

OK, I figured it out. Seems that if I minimize the Roxio app while recording, then maximize, the recording resets from that point. So If I start a recording, and don't touch anything, I can rip the entire tape.

My installed Build 201B23A version doesn't display any behavior like that!

I would suggest a repair, if that doesn't cure it a clean uninstall and reinstall.