• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Simple Way Saving Mpeg 2 Ts Movie Folders On Dvds?

big w

Question

Hi.

I need a simple way save MPEG 2 - TS movie folders onto DVDs with Toast 10 Titanium 10.0.8 on a Mac Pro with 10.6.8.

I need to clear the MPEG 2 - TS folders from (30min.) mini DVD-RWs I recorded in my Sony DCR-DVD403 Handycam.

The T.T. 10 build in instructions are vague, very confusing at best. I need to erase and re-record many mini DVD-RWs I saved,

being afraid I would loose original quality of irreplacable videos during conversion! Thank you so much for your time

and patience.

W.W.

(I have up to date Quicktime Pro, Final Cut Express, iDVD, iMovie, MPEG Streamclip an external burner that plays the mini DVDs)

Edited by big w
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

In the Toast Video window choose VIDEO_TS Compilation. Add your VIDEO_TS folders until you have enough to fill a regular DVD. Click the burn button. You probably need to first copy the VIDEO_TS folders from the mini-discs to the hard drive before adding them to Toast. There is no re-encoding. There are instructions for making a VIDEO_TS compilation in Toast Help.

An alternative is choosing DVD-video as the format in the Video window, inserting one of the DVD-RW discs and selecting DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Drag the titles you want to the main Toast window. Toast extracts them from the disc so you can then eject the disc and add more. When you are done you can create a menu and burn a new DVD. Be sure to choose Never Re-encode in the Toast Custom Encoder settings window so that Toast multiplexes rather than -re-encodes the videos.

• Like 2

In the Toast Video window choose VIDEO_TS Compilation. Add your VIDEO_TS folders until you have enough to fill a regular DVD. Click the burn button. You probably need to first copy the VIDEO_TS folders from the mini-discs to the hard drive before adding them to Toast. There is no re-encoding. There are instructions for making a VIDEO_TS compilation in Toast Help.

An alternative is choosing DVD-video as the format in the Video window, inserting one of the DVD-RW discs and selecting DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Drag the titles you want to the main Toast window. Toast extracts them from the disc so you can then eject the disc and add more. When you are done you can create a menu and burn a new DVD. Be sure to choose Never Re-encode in the Toast Custom Encoder settings window so that Toast multiplexes rather than -re-encodes the videos.

Thank you very much tsantee. Your instructions should be in Toast Titaniums help! I had no trouble burning a working DVD VIDEO_TS Compilation. I hope I properly gave you credit for your help. It is unclear how that should be done (Roxio). tsantee,please let me know if I have to fix that and how. I will check back.

W.W.