Krazyman

Need Some Help

Question

Hello.

I purchased the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, and I am having a slight problem burning my movie onto DVD.

The burning process goes through, but at the end, I get "Failed to start the image writing operation Error while  Burning Image

80004003 Error while Aborting"

I have NO idea what to do here. Any help is appreciated. I spent a good amount of money on this, and I don't want it to go to waste.

Hello.

I purchased the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, and I am having a slight problem burning my movie onto DVD.

The burning process goes through, but at the end, I get "Failed to start the image writing operation Error while  Burning Image

I have NO idea what to do here. Any help is appreciated. I spent a good amount of money on this, and I don't want it to go to waste.

post-97-026455100 1318959304.jpg

post-97-055937600 1318959305.jpg

Version: "121B98A, VHS 500B35A, VHS"

and

2ir837t.jpg

I choose the option "DVD, No menu."

I hope these answer your questions. :)

Edited by Krazyman

3342168.jpg

Your "burn screen" is confusing. You have selected "burn to Disc" but have no DVD in your burner. Obviously it can't nurn to a disc if you don't have a disc in the burner. Then you also show "DL media" when burning to the image file.

I would recommend you only have the iso image burn selected instead of two options.

Edited by myguggi

Your "burn screen" is confusing. You have selected "burn to Disc" but have no DVD in your burner. Obviously it can't nurn to a disc if you don't have a disc in the burner. Then you also show "DL media" when burning to the image file.

I would recommend you only have the iso image burn selected instead of two options.

Those are the settings I use when I am ready to burn. I take my discs out of the drive when I'm done with them, because I have a habit of forgetting them in there.

This screenshot was taken so Cdanteek could see what settings I use. When I'm ready to burn, I don't alter any of the settings in the screenshot I posted.

Could burning and saving the disc image be the source of the problem? I'm just throwing this out there. I have no idea.

The burning process goes through, but at the end, I get "Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image

So does the disc burn successful when you have burn to disc and save disc image file checked?

So does the disc burn successful when you have burn to disc and save disc image file checked?

With my settings, burn disc and save disc image file both checked, it does not burn successfully. I get the same error.

(And I might add that the program freezes after I close the error box.)

Edited by Krazyman

With my settings, burn disc and save disc image file both checked, it does not burn successfully. I get the same error.

(And I might add that the program freezes after I close the error box.)

Try it with only the "disc image" checked. I have never run it with both checked since I prefer to first create the iso file which can be played with the VLC player and will tell you if your project is set up correctly.

Try it with only the "disc image" checked. I have never run it with both checked since I prefer to first create the iso file which can be played with the VLC player and will tell you if your project is set up correctly.

Using these settings

x2qnlt.jpg

It finished. 100%. What do I do now? If I burn the .iso right to the disc, a DVD player wont be able to play it, right?

Using these settings

x2qnlt.jpg

It finished. 100%. What do I do now? If I burn the .iso right to the disc, a DVD player wont be able to play it, right?

I don't know if your program has the application to burn iso (image) files to DVD. In case it doesn't, google for the free utility ImgBurn and download it. It will allow you to burn iso files to a DVD.

I am still confused by your burn settings. You now show a disc in your burner but it appears to be partially burned CD.

I don't know if your program has the application to burn iso (image) files to DVD. In case it doesn't, google for the free utility ImgBurn and download it. It will allow you to burn iso files to a DVD.

I am still confused by your burn settings. You now show a disc in your burner but it appears to be partially burned CD.

I'm downloading ImgBurn right now.

The disc in the drive is the one I first used. I used the same settings as I showed before, and I got the error. The disc was clean, so nothing on the disc was interfering with the burning. Part of the error code says "Failed to start the image writing operation", so I figured that it didn't burn any data onto the disc. Thus, me not feeling the need to use a new one (I am really not that savvy when it comes to burning discs and the like, but I am sure that if I used a new disc each time I tried, I would get the same error, and I would waste a disc.)

I got the .iso file just now, so it doesn't matter if my disc was used before, right?

I'm downloading ImgBurn right now.

The disc in the drive is the one I first used. I used the same settings as I showed before, and I got the error. The disc was clean, so nothing on the disc was interfering with the burning. Part of the error code says "Failed to start the image writing operation", so I figured that it didn't burn any data onto the disc. Thus, me not feeling the need to use a new one (I am really not that savvy when it comes to burning discs and the like, but I am sure that if I used a new disc each time I tried, I would get the same error, and I would waste a disc.)

I got the .iso file just now, so it doesn't matter if my disc was used before, right?

If you were trying to burn to the disc in the burner then of course it would never work. The disc you show is a CD. You cannot burn your project to CDs, they have to be DVDs.

If you were trying to burn to the disc in the burner then of course it would never work. The disc you show is a CD. You cannot burn your project to CDs, they have to be DVDs.

They are DVD-R's. Unless the package is falsely marked.

They are DVD-R's. Unless the package is falsely marked.

Then why is your burn screen only showing a capacity of 544mb when a DVD is about 4.7GB?

Then why is your burn screen only showing a capacity of 544mb when a DVD is about 4.7GB?

I used the same disc.

Part of the error code says "Failed to start the image writing operation", so I figured that it didn't burn any data onto the disc. Thus, me not feeling the need to use a new one (I am really not that savvy when it comes to burning discs and the like, but I am sure that if I used a new disc each time I tried, I would get the same error, and I would waste a disc.)

I feel like an idiot now for using the same disc, but I am sure that if I used another disc, I would still get an error, wasting a disc.

Could I learn about ImgBurn and burning the .iso onto disc? How would this work? Just burn it onto the disc and put it in my DVD player? :unsure:

(I'll be sure to use a clean disc this time.)

Edited by Krazyman

As a side note, get yourself a disc or 2 of DVD RW media soon...

They are erasable and perfect for experimenting and learning :lol: Just don't use them for Projects you care about because they are not good for permanent burns ;)

Could I learn about ImgBurn and burning the .iso onto disc? How would this work? Just burn it onto the disc and put it in my DVD player? :unsure:

(I'll be sure to use a clean disc this time.)

post-97-096464600 1319034093.jpg

post-97-090089500 1319034037.jpg

Here is the log from ImgBurn

I 11:03:01 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 11:04:56 Operation Started!

I 11:04:56 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Son\My Documents\My Videos\image.iso

I 11:04:56 Source File Sectors: 265,840 (MODE1/2048)

I 11:04:56 Source File Size: 544,440,320 bytes

I 11:04:56 Source File Volume Identifier: MYDVD

I 11:04:56 Source File Volume Set Identifier: 3f52a96b

I 11:04:56 Source File Implementation Identifier: Roxio , Canada

I 11:04:56 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 11:04:56 Destination Device: [2:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190S 1.01 (D:) (ATA)

I 11:04:56 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1)

I 11:04:56 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x

I 11:04:56 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 11:04:56 Write Mode: DVD

I 11:04:56 Write Type: DAO

I 11:04:56 Write Speed: 8x

I 11:04:56 Link Size: Auto

I 11:04:56 Lock Volume: Yes

I 11:04:56 Test Mode: No

I 11:04:56 OPC: No

I 11:04:56 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 11:04:56 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)

I 11:04:56 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 11:05:00 Writing LeadIn...

W 11:05:09 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:09 Retrying (1 of 20)...

W 11:05:16 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:16 Retrying (2 of 20)...

W 11:05:23 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:23 Retrying (3 of 20)...

W 11:05:30 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:30 Retrying (4 of 20)...

W 11:05:38 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:38 Retrying (5 of 20)...

W 11:05:45 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:45 Retrying (6 of 20)...

W 11:05:52 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:52 Retrying (7 of 20)...

W 11:05:59 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:05:59 Retrying (8 of 20)...

W 11:06:06 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:06 Retrying (9 of 20)...

W 11:06:13 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:13 Retrying (10 of 20)...

W 11:06:21 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:21 Retrying (11 of 20)...

W 11:06:28 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:28 Retrying (12 of 20)...

W 11:06:35 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:35 Retrying (13 of 20)...

W 11:06:42 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:42 Retrying (14 of 20)...

W 11:06:49 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:49 Retrying (15 of 20)...

W 11:06:56 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:06:56 Retrying (16 of 20)...

W 11:07:03 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:07:03 Retrying (17 of 20)...

W 11:07:10 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:07:10 Retrying (18 of 20)...

W 11:07:17 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:07:17 Retrying (19 of 20)...

W 11:07:25 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 11:07:25 Retrying (20 of 20)...

W 11:07:32 Retry Failed - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

And I get this nice little error;

2cxxelg.jpg

2h85uoi.jpg

It's either a problem with the Ritek disc or the burner.

There is a test mode on the ImgBurn interface, check box. You could try a re-burn with the Ritek disc at 4X and see what the test burn does?

If that doesn't work, I would borrow a different disc from a friend or family and try that first.

Keep us posted.

It's either a problem with the Ritek disc or the burner.

There is a test mode on the ImgBurn interface, check box. You could try a re-burn with the Ritek disc at 4X and see what the test burn does?

If that doesn't work, I would borrow a different disc from a friend or family and try that first.

Keep us posted.

If I choose a test burn with a clean disc, will it burn any actual data to the disc? Or will it be a simulation to see if it can burn or not? I don't want to waste another disc on a test. :P

(Also, what does the Verify option do? Does it check to see if the disc is able to be burned?)

Edited by Krazyman

If I choose a test burn with a clean disc, will it burn any actual data to the disc? Or will it be a simulation to see if it can burn or not? I don't want to waste another disc on a test. :P

(Also, what does the Verify option do? Does it check to see if the disc is able to be burned?)

Un-check verify, no the test does not burn anything to the blank DVD media.

Using these settings;

2hnpftt.jpg

It appears to be working fine. Should I try to burn it normally at 4x burn speed?

(When burning normally, should I have "Verify" checked or un-checked?)

Edited by Krazyman