ubiediting

Only Install Vw /mydvd?

Question

Hallo to other Members,

I have to reinstall Roxio Creator 2011, but from previous use and experience I need only "Video Wave" and "My DVD" Can I install just these and they will function correctly? Much obliged for any advice. ubiediting

9 answers to this question

Hallo to other Members,

I have to reinstall Roxio Creator 2011, but from previous use and experience I need only "Video Wave" and "My DVD" Can I install just these and they will function correctly? Much obliged for any advice. ubiediting

You can see if anything from the posts in the following link, for Creator 2010 will help you:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/58855-installing-certain-modules-only/page__view__findpost__p__302736

It may work but frankly that is just 'old thinking' :lol:

The Suite is interdependant on other parts... People think Suites are 'bloated' but they have no idea how big programs get when they are made to install by themselves :huh:

Many years ago, (1980) I used to go back into my programs and remove all the spaces and remarks that I could for the Final Release :lol:

Thank heavens those days are long gone!!! ~ 16K & 48K machines and 5 1/4" floppies that only held 146K after format :(

It may work but frankly that is just 'old thinking' :lol:

The Suite is interdependant on other parts... People think Suites are 'bloated' but they have no idea how big programs get when they are made to install by themselves :huh:

Many years ago, (1980) I used to go back into my programs and remove all the spaces and remarks that I could for the Final Release :lol:

Thank heavens those days are long gone!!! ~ 16K & 48K machines and 5 1/4" floppies that only held 146K after format :(

That is a opinion.

1980 was 31 years ago, is there something relative in the drift other than 'old thinking'? :lol:

The 'Custom Install' is the new way of thinking, but that isn't evident this version and many customers are bemoaning the fact. Have shortcuts been taken?

ejones was brilliant. Pity the company didn't hire him for Creator 2012.

How much code you guys ever written? :lol:

It always looks easy until you actually do it ;)

I have spent a few days writing a 'simple' program, then took another 5 days writing an installer that would do what I wanted done :huh:

Likewise you cannot believe the 'bloat' that comes from making 40 standalone programs vs 40 contained in a Suite like Roxio.

Like everything, we all have our Own opinions based on our experances...

I've spent years writing code. My opinion is based on those experiences.

Go in peace.

Hallo to all Members who have kindly troubled to offer their experiences with customising Roxio Creator 2011; I am wary of risking problems so will reinstall the suite complete; Many thanks to Members and my apologies for delay in replying. ubiediting.

Hallo to all Members who have kindly troubled to offer their experiences with customising Roxio Creator 2011; I am wary of risking problems so will reinstall the suite complete; Many thanks to Members and my apologies for delay in replying. ubiediting.

If you only wanted those 2 applications, why did you not consider "Video Lab HD" ?